CHESTNUTXE

CROSSY ROCKERS

These rockers are out of a late unleaded engine, but have 3 different numbers stamped on them,are all crossy rockers the same,or do some vary slightly ?WP_20160526_12_26_12_Pro_zps1iu4ee8e.jpg

ok after spending 2 hours this morning doing the pre load again its just about spot on,when the exhaust starts to move adjust the intake to zero lash plus 1/4 to 1/2 a turn,and when the intake is on the way up do the exhaust, on non adjustable clevo or crossys,i used a combo of 030 and 060 shims and std 8.408 and 8.470 pushrods to get it spot on,no rocker noise at all now and was really careful not to push down on the tip to much that the valves started to open,another lesson done.

ok good  cause my cam is .486,i intend to put a set of scorpian or y/t bolt on's down the track,there arnt to many that do 5/16th rollers.but y/t are by far the best but not cheap.

4.86 sounds like a towing cam, and yeah Street Terras used to be competitive on price but Scorpions have the market nailed. Full on Yella Terras are overkill on a street car.

What Gerg said that's what I've been told too, I'm running 510" on standard crossy rocker but that's as far as I would go tbh.

Not sure if it had anything to do with it, but I had a pushrod slip straight off the rocker with this setup. But then again, when I went to pick up a spare rod from wrecker the bloke managed to guess exactly which cylinder and port it slipped off and reckons it's a common thing so maybe not :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used both the bolt on and adjustable pushrod ones,but yeah for $700 they are getting a bit steep,i think the scorpion ones have a poly-lock type,first time i bought a set of y/t bolt on's was 1994 and price was about $475.

Scorpion roller rockers are fine to use if your not full on racing or using a high lift cam in a street car. Know the limitations of a product cause scorpion rockers aren't top of the line rockers, but neither are most yella terra range unless buying top of the line ones.

Again ask Branko with over 800th lift if there shit? Mine only broke cos they were rubbing on the pushrods.

Scorpian are fine but you don't like em is what you could say as a option.

Those mid lift rockers are all discontinued ,and says they are bang for buck rollers ? and havent been made since 2002 except for some 1.6 windsor or chev,nothing for cleveland,but back to the topic ,crossy rockers bolt on.5/16 ths

Has anyone done a 7/16" or 3/8" rocker that still uses the slot on the pedestal? Going to guide plates, machining pedestals, etc sounds like a big fuckaround.

What about those 5-16th studs with the 7-16th thread to bolt fully adjustables on them crane do a kit for about $300 comes with guide plates,but once again it all boils down to mild performance,what shits me is yella terra LS bolt ons are only $500 and clevo are $7-800 ? .

Has anyone done a 7/16" or 3/8" rocker that still uses the slot on the pedestal? Going to guide plates, machining pedestals, etc sounds like a big fuckaround.

I machined down the pedestals and tapped for 7/16 and used cut up clevo guides, you can potentially water jet cut or laser cut a 3mm plate to have a one piece but you'd have to bend it ... never looked into it but i'm sure it can be done but the cut clevo ones are dirt cheap and don't see why one would spend over $50 on laser cut guides when they are just guides, the pushrod shouldn't really touch them

with flat tappet and under 5500 you probably don't want 7/16 but it don't cost much to machine the pedestal down and tap for 7/16

Wazzy made xflow guide plates to suit 5/16 or 3/8th for stud mount. But as said above you only need it if your going for higher RPM big spring pressures. The clamp on shanked units will pull out if show any real pressure or big RPM so it's a case of when needed.

So is it a fuck around ? Only on low performance engine.On a good 1 it's piece of mind. 

Trying to cut corners or save money in valve train is the worse place.Save it on stock pistons and balanced bottom end but up top needs to legit to be safe to save the fuck around of having to rebuild it later when it drops a valve.