SatansReverence

Little Red Riding hood.

39 posts in this topic

Welp, with there being no daylight by the time I get home, I thought I'd start with the exhaust flange basic design.

fb6c572ea5093211054da7543db7b598.png

Gonna cut it out of thin ally hopefully tomorrow so I can make sure bolt and ports align nicely. Used a new exhaust gasket as a base to start the design from :)

As for cutting out the steel plate, not sure if I'll bother to get a quote on laser cutting (single parts can be pretty expensive so maybe make a small run and sell the extras but to who lol) or just get some stock to machine at work but that's pretty expensive as well, might con the boss into a "learning exercise" haha!

deankdx and bear351c like this

business's need to spend a certain amount on training anyway don't they..
approach him with a fantastic opportunity..
Hey boss, i have an idea. we could make flanges for sale, i need some training and practice on the machine, customers need parts..
worth a shot

SatansReverence likes this

We already make a few different billet flanges, mostly turbo flanges and RB30 exhaust flanges. I don't think there is much of a market for FJ20 ones though haha.

Just tried out at simple ally cutout of my flange design and the ports are 1mm oversize, the rest is all good! no bad for a first effort!

172947efe7742c4d1c7a9afcf3ff31bd.png

Design altered. Will cut out another simple flat pattern to make sure it's right but it's looking good so far!

SPArKy_Dave and FOMOCOHO like this

True but it's easier to just change a few values in solidworks haha!

Gotta decide what turbo to go and whether go high mount/low mount aswell.

Low mount with one headlight removed for killa intake velocity and max killawasps.

Seriously, good job on the designing. Watching with interest.  :)

Haha nah, gotta go that sleeper effect. Even got rear louvers for it!

And cheers! I'm hoping it leads somewhere but budget is gonna be a limiting factor in the short term.

2redrovers likes this

If I'm ever up that way I'll have a geez. Might go pedders sports rider all round the datto one day anyway.

I did find a cool magazine article about a S3 bluebird getting an FJ20 turbo conversion.

With nothing more then a 3inch exhaust and an aftermarket ECU set up (to drop the AFM mostly) and it was putting out 205hp at the wheels. Pretty good for an otherwise standard motor running just 7psi!