Defective

Defective's xf pano...

492 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2018 at 10:17 AM, Defective said:

Opening up the air box, basically replicating what fpv did to the b series airboxes I believe.
Add an extra intake and it lets in that much more air.
Bit of Bunnings downpipe to try and catch the air coming out of the headlight area and some black paint and it’s done.
ca809e8198b1eca234546252b565003d.jpg
db9d8592a8ce3c6e3f9288aee6b112fb.jpg

And with the air box back in there it’s pretty much invisible. 0c25bb9461d8c0768d61a085d76dc5a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome . I have seen 30RWHP on a chassis dyno gain with the box cut . I like the extra elbow there , must look at doing that to mine 

Defective likes this

dam now you got another cleanup job  :(  i see on the back of numbnuts ute has a toy set hanging there  hope you chucked the toy ones away and hung his there                 hope all works out good for you and back on the road soon

Defective likes this

So the dude paid up, after I went and gave him a house visit and had to shame him in front of his family. I hate doing that shit.

Got a ruptured disc in my back which is stopping me getting started on the repairs.
I’ve got a new rad and bumper support here already, just waiting on aircon condenser.

Plan is to put the radiator in, bolt the bumper support on temporarily and take it for a drive to see if it still drives straight.
Drivers side chassis rail is pulled over 20mm but it appears the bend is forward of any suspension mounts so I’m thinking it may get left where it is.

Pulling the rail straight is not a financially viable option. 970398dd877f02b223213b8ef2e4e311.jpg

On the pano front, going out to pick up a xh rear bumper and diff for it on Thursday night. 

Waiitng to hear back from a dude who has a 302 Windsor and c4 for sale for $1500. Not the clevo I wanted but they're getting pretty thin on the ground around here for reasonable prices. 

Do you have any pics, of those XR6 wagons, you're looking at getting?

E-series are pretty good, IMO.

I’m not gonna buy them, well I doubt I will lol. If the au ends up being parted (which I doubt) is probably buy another au so I can salvage as many parts as possible.

I’ll see if I can find the links

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wynnum/cars-vans-utes/all-original-94-xr6-wagon-less-than-500-made-/1186875602?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rosewood/cars-vans-utes/falcon-xr6-wagon/1196053185?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Haven’t physically looked at them so no idea what they’re really like.

SPArKy_Dave likes this

11 hours ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

They both look pretty good, IMO.

Wagon's are so handy! :)

Yep, I like the e series wagons, especially the Fairmont ef/el.

I really liked that one we were all talking about on Facebook, pity it was a bucket. 

Have to admit, a Ve ss wagon would do me quite nicely. 

Also,checked out a bmw 320i touring the other day too. Be a nice daily. 

SPArKy_Dave and deankdx like this

So I've been chasing a power steer box for the pano. One guy local to me quoted me $170 and I had to remove it from the car. Is that what these are worth days? Seems a bit of a rip to me.
Got the xh bar and diff last week, they're still chilling in my trailer haha.

Never heard back from the dude with the Windsor.

Have found a stock 302c out of a zj (I think) complete good runner for $1000. That seems reasonable to me.
Maybe the ghia might have to donate it's driveline. 4427cbabc5d3285274d1d80500351b34.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Valvebouncer likes this

12 hours ago, Defective said:

So I've been chasing a power steer box for the pano. One guy local to me quoted me $170 and I had to remove it from the car. Is that what these are worth days? Seems a bit of a rip to me.

if its in good nick, it's worth it i think.. 

no slop and no leaks .. that's what you want. (ideally with a good pitman arm and coupling)

not sure what a reco one is worth , but i've had a change over reco that had just as much slop as the one i took in.. (didn't leak at least)

Yeah my reco manual one isn’t the tightest box in the world either haha. (Now there’s a double entendre for ya)

I think a reco one is $300 changeover so it’s gonna cost me $500 if the $170 one is shot.
There’s another guy a bit further away wrecking xf’s, I might email him and see what he charges.

Wanna get it swapped over before the motor goes in.