gerg

Holley Street Demon 1901

Thank you Gerg.  My main concern was to make sure I'd selected the right size carb. Sounds like the Demon should meet my needs apart from that accelerator pump issue.  The carb fits on the spread bore Wiand twin plane without fouling the secondary butterfly and it looks like it fit under the bonnet but it'll be tight.  My cam has .454 lift and 110 LSA (Comp cam 268H)  It will run a DUI dizzy so the combo is a bit milder than yours.  It won't see much hard driving other than the occasional "squirt".   The car only weighs 1335kgs even with the V8, so the combo should work well.  318s were almost strangled with the 2 barrel carb and respond well to being able to breathe.  So thanks again this info is invaluable.
I'm a fan of the 268h I had one in the 351 in my customline, it was a reasonably mild engine, dual plane air gap, roller rockers closed chamber heads (with around 11:1 comp) I had a edelbrock 600cfm carb on it it made 238rwhp through a 2500 stall and a 3.5:1 9 inch, it was a really fun combo, it fell on its face at 5600rpm but made 330+ ftlbs of torque from 2000rpm on (with a peak of 380ftlb @ 3900) hope you enjoy it

Thank you Gerg.  My main concern was to make sure I'd selected the right size carb. Sounds like the Demon should meet my needs apart from that accelerator pump issue.  The carb fits on the spread bore Wiand twin plane without fouling the secondary butterfly and it looks like it fit under the bonnet but it'll be tight.  My cam has .454 lift and 110 LSA (Comp cam 268H)  It will run a DUI dizzy so the combo is a bit milder than yours.  It won't see much hard driving other than the occasional "squirt".   The car only weighs 1335kgs even with the V8, so the combo should work well.  318s were almost strangled with the 2 barrel carb and respond well to being able to breathe.  So thanks again this info is invaluable.
You'll be pretty happy with the smoothness and low-end punch out of the box, but squeezing the best economy out of it needs a bit of skull-work. They set them on the rich side so you can bolt it on to pretty much anything and it will work.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Sounds true to the Holley philosophy of being a "barely controlled fuel leak"  My real fun toy is the Charger though it too is restricted by my brief to remain a cruiser but with a as much extra power I can muster within those parameters.  The engine started life as a 440 magnum with 480ft/lbs torque, but has had a full rebuild starting with an acid bath and then new everything including lots of aluminum and is now small block weight.  It has a revised timing street Hemi purple shaft with 485 lift and runs a 3.55:1  8 3/4" diff with a planned 4.36 to take advantage of the Gear Vendor for a final drive of 3.35. Currently running a Holley 780 vac secondary much to my disgust because I couldn't find anyone familiar enough with the Edelbrock I had. Bring on the Sniper!  It has TTI extractors and a twin 2.5" X pipe system and registered 260kw or 350bhp at 5000rpm (the dyno sook stopped at 5000). It ran 14.06 at Heathcote in 37 degrees percolating fuel and bogging down.  I've since fitted Edelbrock RPM performer heads which made a monumental change. It now breathes easy and revs like a small block. we think it should do between 13.5 and 13.2.  This is why the Plymouth isn't going to a very get a hard time.

Sounds true to the Holley philosophy of being a "barely controlled fuel leak"  My real fun toy is the Charger though it too is restricted by my brief to remain a cruiser but with a as much extra power I can muster within those parameters.  The engine started life as a 440 magnum with 480ft/lbs torque, but has had a full rebuild starting with an acid bath and then new everything including lots of aluminum and is now small block weight.  It has a revised timing street Hemi purple shaft with 485 lift and runs a 3.55:1  8 3/4" diff with a planned 4.36 to take advantage of the Gear Vendor for a final drive of 3.35. Currently running a Holley 780 vac secondary much to my disgust because I couldn't find anyone familiar enough with the Edelbrock I had. Bring on the Sniper!  It has TTI extractors and a twin 2.5" X pipe system and registered 260kw or 350bhp at 5000rpm (the dyno sook stopped at 5000). It ran 14.06 at Heathcote in 37 degrees percolating fuel and bogging down.  I've since fitted Edelbrock RPM performer heads which made a monumental change. It now breathes easy and revs like a small block. we think it should do between 13.5 and 13.2.  This is why the Plymouth isn't going to a very get a hard time.

Tuning the Street Demon will be very similar to the Eddie. Metering rods on the front, jets and air door tension on the rear. Rods are easy: 5 min job max. Jets are a shit to do. Carby off, remove body screws and pop the top off to get to the primary and secondary jets. Lots of microscopic pin clips (for the linkages) to lose in the process too. Air bleeds are fixed so you can't screw them up.

Sounds like one beast of a Charger. Always loved the black one in Bullitt. Sounds so meaty. 440 wedges are cool!

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk