TUFE

2000 AU ute, various ailments

Had a big block of text written up but can't be bothered re-typing.

Long story short, cars been sitting for 2 months, parked up because breaking down alot.

Main problems

- Runs abit rough off idle and when the idle control kicks in at the lights but otherwise like a clock.(already changed spark plugs)

- Fans either stay on for no reason or don't work at all when driving (temp gauge reads normal)

- Car conked out after driving 20km, started running like it has no fuel for about 20sec then died, couldnt restart it at all.

Trying help my bro inlaw out by fixing it and selling it off. Where should I start?

Bit of an update on this. Been flat out and not able to do much on it. Got some new fan relays and did a coolant sensor on this.

Upshot is the fans seem cured but the car is still playing up. I got it jumpstarted and let it idle whilst I was doing something else, 3mins later it died and was un-able to start it again. So I jumped it again and got in the car and held the revs up to 2000, I pressed the power window switch to open it and it instantly died. I'm now thinking it could be the shitty battery causing 90% of the issues. Can anyone confirm a bad battery could be ruining my day?

battery would not be charged enough to keep it all going and the windows suck a fair bit of power

new battery time then as OEM dave said in his order

Better battery has cured most problems on this. Just need to sort the gas change-over problem now along with a new mirror and she's apples