Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler06

My other toys....

14 posts in this topic

Thought since i havent been paying any attention to somewhere i used to be all the time id show you guys why haha.

In July 2014 we went out on a limb and bought a truck and tri tipper, since then its been very busy and we have grown substantially. Here is my brothers from other mothers. From my first toy to the one i bought today...

My 1st one 2002 Powerstar 90t C15 @ 475hp about to get a platinum rebuild and set at 550hp

20150416_123858_zpsdtdaqzos.jpg

My second which is having a new engine put in at the moment 1993 FLC112 90t Detroit S60 @ 475hp about to be 550hp. She is my liitle project haha

2016-03-30%2008.15.17_zps5sxolxbt.jpg

20160405_082256_zpsax8ypsve.jpg

20160412_153242_zpsig0ebsmr.jpg

My lemon CST120 @ 550 with acert C15 which was traded in on my 5th haha

received_10205519009127141_zpsgpkhyojb.j

Our 4th girl CST101 C15 @ 550hp just had platinum build and this little girl is 140t rated for pulling quad tippers on site.

FB_IMG_1456907439955_zpsxzvx1f8z.jpg

My personal truck that only i use is my 2010 Superliner Cummins 600hp 165t

20160401_090052_zpsbvwqywbq.jpg

Our new girl bought today as we are busy and needed her to take some pressure off our others. 2000 Western Star Detroit S60 crate motor @ 575. This is a gem of a truck...

20160419_125944_zpsn2h8hofq.jpg

20160419_125950_zpsqnpyl3gj.jpg

Different brothers from other mothers haha....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Valvebouncer, Kiwi-E, gerg and 6 others like this

Apparently the Series 60s were exceptionally good on fuel in their day. How do they stack up today? I also heard that hp for hp, a Cat will out-torque a Cummins and use less fuel doing it. I know for sure they're 100 times more pleasant to work on than a Cummins.

Tyler06 likes this

My cummins is a freight train and neither Cat comes close. Absolutely in love with my cummins but they last half as long lol

The S60 of the old is still unbeatable. Honestly my old 93 freighty with double on will get 2.2kms to a litre and my others are all around 1.7-1.8.

gerg likes this

Maybe different classes of engine fare better than others, a lot of drivers reckoned a C12 would drink less than an M11 and the torque was noticeably better (maybe they didn't need to wring their necks, and that's why they drank less). We're talking only 325 hp class on single tanker trailer rigs (Freightliners and Louisvilles), all probably outdated nowdays. Your rigs are a few steps up from that, different kettle of fish.

Good old Detroits.... They really were ahead of their time. We had a weird-arse Freightliner with a lifter/borer on the back that sounded a bit strange come into the yard. It was from another depot. I thought "that can't be a six", and sure enough, stuck my head under the guard and saw 4 branches on the exhaust manifold. Yep... A Detroit 60 4-banger! Wasn't a small truck either.

2.2 to the km is exceptional. That's about what 40 to the hundred? Our Euro-5 Isuzus with wussy 7.8l and 270 hp get about 60l/100 km but they're autos, do mostly suburban work and run stationary all day with PTOs running EWPs on the back.

2.2 to the km is exceptional. That's about what 40 to the hundred? Our Euro-5 Isuzus with wussy 7.8l and 270 hp get about 60l/100 km but they're autos, do mostly suburban work and run stationary all day with PTOs running EWPs on the back.

Its is about 45 to the hundred yep. Got a mate with a bonneted volvo and it has a 600hp cummins signature mated to a volvo box. He gets 2.3 with a triple and around 3.2 with a double. Its mental and im very jelous haha.

gerg likes this

Maybe different classes of engine fare better than others, a lot of drivers reckoned a C12 would drink less than an M11 and the torque was noticeably better (maybe they didn't need to wring their necks, and that's why they drank less). We're talking only 325 hp class on single tanker trailer rigs (Freightliners and Louisvilles), all probably outdated nowdays. Your rigs are a few steps up from that, different kettle of fish.

Good old Detroits.... They really were ahead of their time. We had a weird-arse Freightliner with a lifter/borer on the back that sounded a bit strange come into the yard. It was from another depot. I thought "that can't be a six", and sure enough, stuck my head under the guard and saw 4 branches on the exhaust manifold. Yep... A Detroit 60 4-banger! Wasn't a small truck either.

C12 vs M11 the C12 will win in torque and economy definately haha