Server maintenance Read more... ×
83xe

SPIGOT REMOVAL?

Spot on there slydog , I've got a big six and I wanna go fast. Auto seemed like a good option , I don't want the hassle of waiting time changing gears so went with a nice auto box!

It's all together and now running so I'm very happy with the result , just need to put the front panels lights bumper on and get her into the paint booth and will be repping pano love!

Watch out for chuck norris i got him to remove mine and he pushed crank right through the radiator haha, nahh well ive made a small slide hammer for them and the work well, or cold chisel it from the lip in two seperit spots bit by bit and they come out easy as.

Watch out for chuck norris i got him to remove mine and he pushed crank right through the radiator haha, nahh well ive made a small slide hammer for them and the work well, or cold chisel it from the lip in two seperit spots bit by bit and they come out easy as.

chuck noris if an old fucker he probably can't even lift his dick

well engine and box went together easy , now the fucking thing is shitting out tranny fluid from the bellhousing , whole fu(*&ing thing has to come out again

FML!!!!!!!!!

when you don't have the clutch lined up 

put the bell on and hook up the clutch cable then wedge a stick between the  seat mount and the clutch pedal then put the gear box in the clutch plate can move around and the box will go in like a lubed finger in a bum

Fuck thats a good idea eh.  Love simple results like that.  

when you don't have the clutch lined up 

put the bell on and hook up the clutch cable then wedge a stick between the  seat mount and the clutch pedal then put the gear box in the clutch plate can move around and the box will go in like a lubed finger in a bum

Also, If you don't have the clutch PERFECTLY lined up, you can get it together still but it can be a 4 hour CU*T!

the same extension bar i used to drift out the spigot. I put it back in the spigot with enough tape so it sits in nice and square. 

Then make another layer of tape there the clutch will sit to center the clutch plate on the extension bar.

then semi bolt it together and use a metal rule, measuring in 4 points around the housing from the extension bar to either the clutch fingers or the housing lip. Get it within a millimeter so all 4 measurements are the same. +-1mm. bolt it together. then fit it.

Having the clutch centered is paramount to make it mate up as easy as possible.

The only other thing that will stop it is the spline teeth no mating up. If this is a problem put it in gear and spin the tailshaft which in turn will spin the input shaft and line the splines up. if it turns and locks, its likely the splines have engaged. (of your back wheels are on the ground, Lawl.

This is much better than those fucking shamus mc anus clutch alignment tools made of softcocktium (plastic).  I spent hours under my car wresting my t5 into position and it wouldn't get into the spigot because the softcocktium tool didn't get it right.

Extension bar, aligned it piece of piss.  Best alignment tool is a spare input shaft.

A trick I've learnt when doing spigot bearings is use bread. Feed it in like you would grease but use bread instead. Use a bolt or rod the right size. Bang it in and out the bearing will come. Easy n less messy. Sounds silly but try it next time.

As a hypothetical, go down to supercrap, and buy a sausage sizzle.

Buy a couple, and smash that into the spigot bearing.  The bread oil and sauce should keep it nice and moist and push it out.
Lol

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

On 3/14/2013 at 11:35 PM, Crazy2287 said:

I use grease.

Jam it full of grease. Get a 3/4 drive extension bar and wrap elecky tape on it till it fits snug in the bearing inner race. Then bash the extension bar in with a hammer and the pressure will force the bearing out.

Amazing, so easy!

1 hour ago, twelvepointfour said:

We used the grease trick this morning and it worked a treat! No bread on hand unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

grease with bits of tissue/rags etc i've needed for some, the grease pushed through the ball race until blocked with other gunk

LNice thread mine. 

These days I use a medium-small size slide hammer with a fitting, that slips in and hooks over the back of the bearing. 

Wouldn't re use the bearing though if pulled out in this way. 

And for aligning clutch I have the input drive of a t5 I pulled out of one I broke.

I've not seen spigot bearings without sealed race, if it's a serviceable/exposed cage style bearing then yeah I can see where the troubles lie. Good idea jamming paper in against the bearing to seal it and get it to work though.