Server maintenance Read more... ×
Neoblazer

XH fuel running poorly

Hi Guys/Girls 

I am having a lot of issues with how my ute is running/idling is rough as guts idling and using a massive amount of fuel but not delivering the power it should be its a 4lt 6 cylinder. I have replaced the following parts to help remedy the issue:

Drive Belt (was worn out)

dizzy and leads

Spark plugs

Air filter

rocker cover seals and o rings 

Injector seals and o rings

I am going to drop the oil and replace the filters for fuel and oil, I have run injector cleaner through it seemed to help but only temporarily is there a way to turning it or anything else that could be causing the car to idle so roughly, I haven't checked the O2 sensor yet and I am going to remove and clean the injectors to remove and built up shit, I am running out of knowledge on what else could be causing it to run so rough. The car is run on 95 and every 3rd tank is 98 octane (91 barely gets me 400km a tank the car has done 255k so is a well used car but i do regular maintenance i have owned the car nearly 12 months and want this car at its former glory

Suggestion Welcomed 

And get the injectors flowed and ultrasonically cleaned. (or replace them with new injectors)

If you replace the O2 sensor, only use NGK brand.

NGK is the Ford OEM supplier.

Other club members have tried other brands, and found them to fail after a short while.

Cleaned the mass sensor today and got a fair bit of shit out of it is running much better and more stable but there is still a knock when idling only slight but thinking it could be pistons for crank, I am still going to replace the O2 sensor to be sure. I checked the thermostat is running well anyone else encountered a knock when idling?