Crazy2287

Bluebetty - Crazy2287's boring build.

187 posts in this topic

Few other things holding me up. But managed to get the new water pump in.

Calibrated The fuel gauge, so that works again.

Need to spend some time driving and tuning now. Which may be easier said than done as the wideband in playing up. So I'm hoping some driving and analysis will indicate the issue, as I'm not really interested in sending the fkn thing back to America for innovate to look at it. 

Not a great deal going on with this car. Cars running well enough. Starts and drives reliably and seems to go better with the new head.  Had to drive it to work for a week and a bit and no dramas.

Sent the gauge back to America, to innovate. They've checked it and found it's fucked. So sending me a brand newy. Expect it to arrive this week, It landed in Sydney yeasterday according to the tracking, so depends how long customs holds it up. Bit of a fuck around since it all had to go to America but innovate have come through with a win for me, fingers crossed.

4x4 has been getting worked on again. As has the elgrand. So they are eating up some racecar time.

Have gotten rid of the shed I was renting to do car stuff. Got rid of heaps of shit. But I still got stuff up the wazoo so have been spending a lot of time moving everything around, trying to get a system that works, so I can get the fgx back in the garage.

Putting a temp garage up in the backyard for Betty. The landlord and EAD if they don't like it. 

Once all that is finally sorted I should have a bit more cash, as I won't be paying rent on a shed, and you know what that means?

Racecar parts.

BGDAV and deankdx like this

Thanks Dean, I'll try and come up with an interesting read in the next few posts then =P

Them scallywags over at innovate have send me an entire new ECF-1 kit. I sent the gauge back, They said it was toast and send me an entire kit. That means i got a free Flex sensor, LSU4.9 wideband, and Fuel pressure sensor. So i think that makes up for the fuck around. +1 innovate you've kept my patronage.

I've finished assembly on the fist fuel level interface PCB.
when it arrived in the mail i was fizzen, I accidentally let a couple of the farm animals get out and they caused a ruckus. It was like having a second child. Except instead of crying and shitting itself it makes a cars fuel gauge work.
That night when i got home from work i fired up the ol' E-lab and whacked the components on the PCB. Finalised a couple of the prototyping stages and fired it up. Only to find the Linear voltage regulator, was not regulating in any sort of linear voltageish way. Was 1.5-2v over reg voltage. Spend like... 2.5 hours fiddeling around, Googeling stuff, Swapping out cap values and trying different v-regs. I went to bed.
Anyway after a sleep i woke up thinking "Hmmm, i wonder if my multimeter has shat itself?...." 
So i got my other meter out and tested it... my PCB Baby was operating perfectly. So  the dodgy DMM gets a quick trip to the rubbish pile.

I did make one mistake with the Nodes and ratlines when designing the PCB, i got the tac switch leg polarity wrong and ended up making the circuit between 2 legs from the same side of the switch. Quick mod to the board sets it right. I've since edited the Gerber file to fix the issue for V1.1

Anyway. Have a look at my PCB Baby.

ir2HFZZ.jpg

WxL7ZVE.jpg

Thom, matt_lamb_160, BGDAV and 1 other like this

11 hours ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

Now that looks cool!

What does it interface?
Capacitive sender value, to resistive value?

Yeah, pretty much. Just takes a variable resistor type sender and converts it into a voltage/current to feed an x-series gauge. could be re-purposed for other gauges or applications pretty easily.

SPArKy_Dave likes this

Decided i'll be leaving Betty alone for a while so i can drive it for a bit. In the meantime I've got an 80's Honda Integra i'm gonna try and turbo. Will try and have it finished by March next year. There will be some minor things done to Betty to get her in a nice place to be Driven semi-regularly but nothing worth reporting on unless the car shits itself again.

Till then.

Thom, deankdx and Valvebouncer like this

i was looking at a honda integra the other day thinking i could probably have one.. (or a FWD celica) probably getting too rare for my liking these days though. 

Mrs has a civic EG sedan which seems to be super reliable.. doesn't do anything amazing though 

On 10/6/2018 at 9:32 AM, deankdx said:

i was looking at a honda integra the other day thinking i could probably have one.. (or a FWD celica) probably getting too rare for my liking these days though. 

Mrs has a civic EG sedan which seems to be super reliable.. doesn't do anything amazing though 

Yeah are pretty scarce now. Mines one of the old torsion front ends with pop up headlights. Atcually it's the Mrs car. 

I like the way the donk revs in the thing. It's like a morotbike engine. Should be fun with some boost. Not fast, but definitely fun. 

Wish me luck in procurement of parts for it.

deankdx likes this