Crazy2287

Bluebetty - Crazy2287's boring build.

171 posts in this topic

Is the wookie in camo now ? Looks like jurrasic park stuff man LOL

No thats where i took out a roo, folded the bar back and pushed the guard into the Wheel, i fixed everything but CBF painting it the proper colour so... Matt black it is.

Fuel line upgrade, pump and swirl. I can smell corn fuel.

Your scene of smell is remarkable!

3 years to buy a can pump and drill 6 holes, this is going to take a while :D

I wont argue with that. Hopefully XF falcon mojo motivation will take over.. This is yet to be seen...

Fuel rail looks good, is it off the shelf or custom?

Custom. A rather gifted individual on Ozfalcon machined it up for me. having the ports on an angle in the crossflows is a bit of a PITA!

So.

Yes, I've decided it's time to turn spanners on my old falcon again.

It's a 1987 XF falcon that i got in 2004, grandpa speck, S-pack, carby.

Converted to EFI and a Megasquirt ECU.

I've done a lot of work to it aimed at performance and circuit work. I'm a Fish ass. Why is a fishes ass so tight? So they don't sink. As such not much of this car's mods are off the shelf, If i could manufacture it myself, i did. As a  result the car is a little "Cheap" but it performs well. It's seen 4 bouts at wakefiled park and 1 bout at the drag strip in it's current config, over 3 years, and all I've hat to do is keep feeding it alternator belts. Not bad IMO. 1minute 21sec at wakefield and 14.7Something sec on the strip.

That's enough history, If you want to know more... First: whats wrong with you? Second, It can all be found in the archives on Xfalcon, under a thread of the same name as this.

Since the last cam upgrade it's been using 110% of it's fueling capacity, Although the AFR's were sweet, there was no headroom to swap to another fuel. It seems i'd maxed out the stock fuels system. Which is 200RWHP (220 shootout peak) FYI, and iv'e been planning an upgrade for years.

Finally the stars have aligned, none of the other cars are broken and i have a bit of money soooooo. Upgrades.

Bit foggy today...

vlcsnap-00004_zpsf5xpsnur.jpg

Step 1: Check your tires still turn. It's always good to ensure the car works before starting a new mod. this will help troubleshooting, if any is required, after the mod is complete.

vlcsnap-00002_zpsy2supcak.jpg

Step 2: Stay hydrated

IMG_20160403_153652_zpsceimfalj.jpg

Step 3: Pull car apart

IMG_20160403_185003_zpszsugxpwj.jpg

IMG_20160403_185022_zpswlwcsdrc.jpg

Stay tuned for more boring action! Hopefully i'll have something to put here every week.

Maby a video of me testing the durability of those 235 madisons?

scottly, dougie77, Arrow18 and 6 others like this

<<<- MFW i can't plug my injectors in.

IMG_20160404_171615_zpsvvawovlf.jpg

I'll drop him off this week sometime to have a bit more clearance machined into the rail. Started modding the fuel pump housing, not too sure what I'm going to do about fuel level sense, In theory i should be able to calibrate the gauge to work with both 98 and e85 but...... I dunno.

Planning to use the stock EFI pump as the lift pump for the surge thank. But I'm considering trying to find a suitable lift pump that will fit in the factory position.

Getting a good aviation flair on ally pipe with a cheap flaring tool is not easy like bundy tube seems to be (in comparison). 

I hope OP can deliver with this thread. I would not mind another 20 dangerous murdering wasps at the back wheels. Few things and the rough order they will probably happen.
Ethanol compatible fuel system upgrade.
Megasquirt upgraded to V2.0 and remap for ethanol. Dyno for baseline.

Engine and box out, Rebuild for donk and external cooling for gearbox.

Electric power steering pump.

Re-tune, Dyno

More burnouts. If it dose not blow up.

Wakefield park.

Check bank account. (Empty?)

Goes shopping for fuel lines...

xycfj.png

BSPT, BSPP, NPT, UNF, UNC, JIC, 45º SAE, 37º AN, Dash number AN, DIN Flare, ISO flare, Double flare, single flare, GM Fuel flare, Push connect flare, copper, brass, low carbon steel, stainless, aluminium

2392289.jpg

Corn fuel.???? :blink:

Cars not the only things that runs on ethanol =D
ando76, Arrow18, gerg and 2 others like this

BSPT, BSPP, NPT, UNF, UNC, JIC, 45º SAE, 37º AN, Dash number AN, DIN Flare, ISO flare, Double flare, single flare, GM Fuel flare, Push connect flare, copper, brass, low carbon steel, stainless, aluminium

You forgot UN-O

Lol I deal with this shit all day everyday Q. If you need a hand figuring any of this shit out hit me up and I should be able to help.

Crazy2287 and MNTL.XD like this