CHESTNUTXE

CROSSY CAPERS

I have pulled the crossy out and already starting to think what i am going to do with it,i will strip it down and do some mods i have seen on these pages,she is a 80da engine fitted to a 6-82 xe with the 35 auto,the head looks unmarked,so not until i take it off can i see what chamber size it has ?WP_20160327_15_39_33_Pro_zpsyh9fcxm8.jpg

yeah cause i blasted the fook out of it with the gernie,but really wasnt that bad,im just gunna store it untill i get the clevo going,then attack it with the crazy crossy build !

I have spoken to mike vine up in brizzy,he has some sic turbo stuff.

He has done two turbo crossys for me one in 93 and one near 2 year ago. It's Very nice work and reliable. Mines stock internal with springs and punches 16psi totally reliable (allow for driveline a upgrades though)

yup i no but what has me puzzled is can the cast iron 79 xd c4 bellhousing be used on the c10 26 spline boxes ? cause the 6 cyl c4's were 24 spline right ?

id get a wizzor C4 but you can still bolt the crossy bell to the clevo c4 input shaft older c4s where 24/24 in there input shaft and later ones 24/26 either run a 24 spline convertor or swap the input shaft and run a 26 spline convertor 

First there is C4 case fill or C4 pan fill...thats it. Not C10 or C9 or what ever. 

Case fill bell can fit pan fill C4 but never seen anyone go other way...yet ? Question is why would anyone ?  

I bought Thom's cast iron bell as a spare but it will fit a xflow and small Windsor zero mods.

So in closing get a case fill C4 and a xflow or small Windsor bell and there is zero guess work.

i was gunna buy thoms one but it was too much to post,i was wondering why dellow doesnt do one ,the only other one i have seen is a $1000 one which is ford pattern but full on race one.

First there is C4 case fill or C4 pan fill...thats it. Not C10 or C9 or what ever. 

Case fill bell can fit pan fill C4 but never seen anyone go other way...yet ? Question is why would anyone ?  

I bought Thom's cast iron bell as a spare but it will fit a xflow and small Windsor zero mods.

So in closing get a case fill C4 and a xflow or small Windsor bell and there is zero guess work.

Just out of curiosity, could you redrill the bw bell housing to fit the c4?

I've got a case fill c4 that one day I want to stick behind a crossly.

If u got a late model crank with small flywheel bolts what flywheel do u use with a c4 or do people just re tap the crank to the older style larger bolts?

If u got a late model crank with small flywheel bolts what flywheel do u use with a c4 or do people just re tap the crank to the older style larger bolts?

Some re drill to the 11mm or 7/16th size but mine is just new EF style units. 10x1.125???

Just out of curiosity, could you redrill the bw bell housing to fit the c4? I've got a case fill c4 that one day I want to stick behind a crossly.

No idea how you would go but start by measuring depth of the bell vs a C4 unit then if it will even go close to fitting the C4 but its a job that has to be mm perfect no bodgey slap ups cos shit will fail badly.