the ford fan

Are these wheels a factory option on my car?

There you go mate all pics in one post.

As for the wheels I had them one my car when I bought it. Its an XE Spak, the owner ordered them instead of the normal Spak wheels. I don't know how you would go about finding if those wheels were ordered though

The bloke I bought this car from was 100% they are the wheels on it from new when he got it also the 04784 cast in the back seems to be a date which is also the build date on the cars compliance plates.

Ive seen similar wheels on zl,zk,xd fairmont even some xe i think there called alloy road wheels or globe volante 14×5.5 but they had 2 extra spokes and mine are 14×6 and a bit more of a lip. Maybe has to do with mine havin disc brakes?...dunno.

They are also different offset from front to back and some mad scrapeage on one in the inside from where someones mixed em up which is not ideal.

They are not globe volantes and if you look closer you will notice they only have 18 spokes that are machined flat as apposed to the 20 on globe volantes.

Im thinkin if there were a part number it might be under rubber.

I have the full xe zk fd repair manual that states that there was an option of an alloy road wheel 14×5.5 And 14×6 the later probs being the wheels in question my guess is the 5.5 maybe dont fit with rear disc lsd

Your answer is on the wheel itself - "Performance", which is a brand of aftermarket wheel.

Ford wheels didn't have that on them and looked a bit different also.

This wheel is no longer available, although Performance wheels still exist, but it most definitely was an aftermarket item, not supplied by Ford.

The wheel fitment would have been jobbed out to the local tyre/wheel shop, by the dealer.

They are a aftermarket wheel i had the same brand of wheel globe b45 style on my Xf when I first got my Licence 9BEF37C0-65DD-450C-9E86-7FD86EBAF85B_zps

These are called Bathurst and were made by Globe (now Mullins Wheels) here in Adelaide... I believe Performance Wheels also made a similar wheel as well

These are called Bathurst and were made by Globe (now Mullins Wheels) here in Adelaide... I believe Performance Wheels also made a similar wheel as well

This is a performace brand wheel if you look closer.

So mine look to be dealer fitted. I happy with that.

Im still a little curious because if the wheels i have aren't the 14×6 alloy road wheels that ford offered on xe falcons as an option then what do the "real ones"look like? Has anybody ever seen one or have a pic?

Well i have found 2 different ones offered by ford one cast 76 and the other 77. And ive seen the fairmont xd ones. Still never seen any 6×14 dated for the xe apart from the 5.5×14's.

Dealer "FITTED" maybe.

I was a Ford manager and I can tell you categorically that the wheels would come from the local tyre/wheel shop.

The dealer would take the car down the road to have them done, or the dealer would remove the wheels and the shop would pick up and deliver the wheels with tyres mounted, and nuts to the P.D. workshop and there they would be "fitted".

This was done either as a less expensive option at the customer's request, or when the dealer couldn't obtain stock of the original wheels from Ford.

Sometimes it was done by the dealer to dress up old stock vehicles, ex demos and slow movers.

(alloy road wheels) were ordered as an optional extra with this car and the

varified 5.5x14s for xe ive seen but 6x14s offered by ford i have not. Vdo im sure you categorially remember what was not on my car but do you remember what was?

Also various factory ford wheels are also available "after market roh globe ect ect performace is just another brand right?

Im still a little curious because if the wheels i have aren't the 14×6 alloy road wheels that ford offered on xe falcons as an option then what do the "real ones"look like? Has anybody ever seen one or have a pic?

Refer sales brochure for photo of factory option 20-spoke Volante alloy-road-wheel, as below.

sb1_zpsrasukny5.jpgsb2_zpst0dg9nzf.jpg