uterus

xg ute temp

Ok this has been asked many times i know burlt i recently bought an xg ute the temp would over heat so i bought a new one now which ine of those 2 senders that come out of the thermostat block part which one makes the temp gauge in the instrument cluster work as now nothing works. I went to the wreckers and all they had was an el one it fits but it does not have the spot for the smaller one to go into it just the big one got second hand one as i cracked the old one and was wondering do you need the smaller one connected even when i put the old one back on with both the gauge does not work. Im thinking of getting rid of it and putting in an external temp gauge? Any help would be appreciated thanks guys.and why would the gauge now not work even with the original set up back on it? A fuse maybe and if so what ir where is it?.

If I remember rightly, in XG's,

the ECU temp sensor, is the two wire sensor on the side of thermostat housing with the plug like an injector on the later e-series/XH,

and a round USA style sensor plug on the earlier ones/XG.

Usually around $15.00 to buy new from Bursons, Repco or similar (for the later ones at least).

The gauge sender, is a single wire sensor with a spade terminal.

a round USA style sensor plug on the earlier ones/XG.

Usually around $15.00 to buy new from Bursons, Repco or similar (for the later ones at least).

Funny, I sold a XG coolant temp sensor to a customer yesterday.

The XG one, is the same as XF EFI. But the older style is more than $15, cant recall the exact amount.

Ok cool i put in an auxillary temp gauge it went up to 120degrees Celsius in a matter of 20 mins so yep its def not those temp senders lol

Im thinking i will although its got a new one in it. It has a 91AB head on it , i just got an ef falcon which has a 91AA head on it and apparently the guy i got it of said they changed iut the 91AA head and put in the 91AB head now i dont know if it will make any difference but im goingcto change it back anyway and see what happens. The ef has a full serpintine belt set up with thermo fans now that should be easy enough to change into the xg yeah looks just a matter of changing out alternator and power steering and putting on belt tenisonet and getting rid of fan clutch or is that set up enough for tge xgs?

Changing to serpentine belt involves swapping the timing cover, balancer, alternator, ps pump, ac pump, tensioner and a ef/el waterpump as they spin backwards, unless you have a xh ac pump bracket and bf the ac pump may foul the intake (some engines do some don't )

Changing to serpentine belt involves swapping the timing cover, balancer, alternator, ps pump, ac pump, tensioner and a ef/el waterpump as they spin backwards, unless you have a xh ac pump bracket and bf the ac pump may foul the intake (some engines do some don't )

the EF water pump hose outlet is smaller too, so need to adapt the radiator hose too..

a mate of mine has an EL engine in XG with serp belt.. chopped up thermo fans(they dont fit the XG radiator as its narrower.)

when i saw it.. i thought.. leave it stock lol..