Server maintenance Read more... ×
xwroo

diff shortening

Hi all,

Just want to know what are some recommend diff places around Brisbane/ Gold Coast?

Looking at getting my diff shorten and want to speak to someone, who knows what they are on about.

Anybody tell me what a rough ballpark figure on what it would cost?

Cheers... 

Putting a later model borgy out of a xd into my xw, looking at running 9 to10 inch wide rears. The diff is a 28 spline lsd disc brake. Ill just be using the car as sunday driver. Might need it to get shorten the xw/xy length or a bit shorter. I don't need a 9inch car wont be a big hp car.

So looking at cutting around 50mm off each end yeah and leaving the spring perches as is ? I cut 75mm off each end of mine and the spring perches stayed in place and I can fit any array of wheel tyre combo under it know.

If your going to run any real HP thru it or race or skid it I'd recomend some Strange cut to length axles in your choosen spline count.Buy em a few inches too long then cut to length and winner winner. I'd suggest someone would want around $800 to shorten it. 

So looking at cutting around 50mm off each end yeah and leaving the spring perches as is ? I cut 75mm off each end of mine and the spring perches stayed in place and I can fit any array of wheel tyre combo under it know.

If your going to run any real HP thru it or race or skid it I'd recomend some Strange cut to length axles in your choosen spline count.Buy em a few inches too long then cut to length and winner winner. I'd suggest someone would want around $800 to shorten it.

Yea hoping to leave the spring perches as is. No plans of racing it. The motor is just a full rebuild 302w with your usual bolt on intake manifold, carby, cam, extractors so no horsepower at all and no plans for more.

I do a lof of borgys for cortys and made a jig its just 4 machined up dies that fit into the housing 2 in the center and 2 on each drop saw the ends fit the dies in and stick a tube up the guts to line it up and weld it back together

I charge $1000 to do a case and axles or $800 more with strange axles  

I got everything I need axles, housing, lsd ect ect. I really just need to make my mind on wheels and go from there. Any good places to go to in Brisbane or Gold Coast?

word of advice is buy and fit up your wheels first fit them under the car with some messurements you will know it will sit centre and you know how much to the MM what to take out of it

cortinas there diffs are made off centre from the factory its not much but every mm counts when you want big wheels

That's all im waiting on is my wheels, then ill go from there. I was just after some info on where to go and who to talk to about it.

Here at IolzFalcon, we have a tradition of slagging off any spammers that happen upon this otherwise righteous place. I felt it was my duty to do such, but alas, the original offending post was promptly removed by our diligent moderators, leaving my otherwise legitimate reply to these (self-fisting) goat-felchers instead looking like an unprovoked jibe at your otherwise fairly decent self xwroo. I do apologise...

But has been entertaining nonetheless

Bahahahaha!! I thought i'd been called every name under the sun at one time or another.... seems i was wrong!

Can i use that one Greg? There's a heap of 'wankpuffins' around here, they just don't know exactly what they are yet and i feel the need to tell them. lol.

Apology accepted.

I bet that sux! You get to be the first bloke in the world to ever accept an apology for being called a 'wankpuffin' only to find out he wasn't talking to you when he came out with the now famous, highly abusive, ridiculous ridicule. lol

Go and see mark from aussie diffs at currumbin he has been doing drag car and any sort of diffs for 28 years,from all over oz people are sending him their stuff to get built or re -done,all the boys there no there stuff .