Server maintenance Read more... ×
Tyler06

SNAIL ETR

Afternoon all ☺

Been a very long time since ive been on here. Thought id start a new thread with the new motor going into My 79 TE Cortina Ghia. The crossy is long gone and im going FG barra with T5 now with a twist... Im sick of seeing turbo barra cortys so im going the supercharger route. Number plates still suit my baby then too. Ive got a few photos but progress is slow as i have a Heavy Haulage business and my fleet is demanding haha.

I will be running a BA inlet and standard exhaust for the time being but i have enlisted a Ali fabricator who will help me design the new intake for the M122 i am going to be using.

This time around i will be tubbing it and a spare motor is being built to withstand the power im pushing for.

Anyways pics so far...

20150823_132006_zpszckalnxt.jpg

20150828_214312_zpscr7q9ztp.jpg

20151026_133321_zpstxfrlfbe.jpg

20151026_161533_zps5sga1dcc.jpg

20151026_174134_zpsgu8ubkyg.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Sounds like a cool project. <br /><br />I see Snort performance do a package for the 4.0 using the bottom of the BBM and a 112 s/c. <br /><br />Picture is off their website and demonstrates the SOHC, but Barra is available. <br />af6a33864b246352cde75e9ad3095107.jpg

Yeah ive seen their version but im going full custom as i want air to water cooler inbuilt.

I think the system is more for average joe to give there 4.0 a bit of small boost, and yours is going to be full on.

Yeah good point haha

I made some enquiries and the one shown can run with the standard exhaust and fuel system with low low boost, still need to get a J3 or similar chip for the ECU, however the best gains were with supporting mods...headers, exhaust, bigger injectors and higher flowing pump etc with those mods I was I informed the AU was good for 210-200rwkw.

The manifold and charger was $4k plus supporting mods.

As of an hour ago i found a brand new in the box M122 for $1000 so thats a great start haha and its only a couple of hours away. He also has a k frame for my FG which the ex bro in law stole and crashed. He is now in melbourne i hear lol but thats another story.

Got a corty lined up to go in to the fabricator that already has an FG barra sitting in it. This way i can do all the stuff i need to to mine and then its a bolt on mani etc

I think ive talked myself into a T56 today too but i need to find out if there is a shorter extension housing like we use from a mustang on the T5....

Good shit!! This should be good.

I don't really (read yes i do) want to be a bad influence on your thought process but.... with the supercharger that side of the engine, the bay looks quite full and looks VERY empty where we're all used to seeing a turbo. Turbos have been done, superchargers have been done, you said you wanted to be different, set the challenge into place early to do both!! Hehe

Just add $20,000 to the budget. lol.

I think ive talked myself into a T56 today too but i need to find out if there is a shorter extension housing like we use from a mustang on the T5....

TR6060 from a VE SS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

did it go straight in with the fg sump? if so i can fg conversions coming out everywhere

Minor cut and shut but a $200 mod thats well worth it as the dipstick is at the back the same as corty xflow

TR6060 from a VE SS

Have to go to a wreckers and measure one up...

Good shit!! This should be good.

I don't really (read yes i do) want to be a bad influence on your thought process but.... with the supercharger that side of the engine, the bay looks quite full and looks VERY empty where we're all used to seeing a turbo. Turbos have been done, superchargers have been done, you said you wanted to be different, set the challenge into place early to do both!! Hehe

Just add $20,000 to the budget. lol.

Yeah ill be happy with the charger lol

TR6060 from a VE SS

Have to go to a wreckers and measure one up...

I've got one in my garage, I'll measure it next time I'm home from work

there are kits for the shifter relocation, theres a pic of one done in the link below.

extension housing stays same though..

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1056000&postcount=13out_of_the_box.jpgEngine_and_Tranny_In.jpg

there are kits for the shifter relocation, theres a pic of one done in the link below.

extension housing stays same though..

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1056000&postcount=13

Thanks mate looks the way ill go. Keep my 4.11s then too haha

So finally an update. My plans for the M112 fizzled due to the size and wanting to keep it all under the bonnet. Sooo... ive been hard in to it the last 2 days getting her setup as a turbo. Bloody not easy with alot of trial and error. Grinder has had a work out today and i actually had to notch the strut tower to fit the turbo. Will get the whole thing fitted out with piping and the new plenum and precision billet turbo than ill redo the engine bay haha. 3rd time better be the last time.

Already sorted is a new precision billet turbo, 1000cc injectors, surge tank with all supporting lines pumps etc to suit E85, built BTR auto, 3inch system, standalone harness and other bits and bobs. My tuner reckons ill hit 500rwhp with the gear i have, so im looking for 10s