Ando81

Stripped rocker arm bolt

Hi lads, just got my crossflow back from the machine shop where I had cam, new pistons & rings and bearings fitted. I went to put the rocker arms back on and before I even got to tension them down tight I found number 4&5 exhaust rocker bolts stripped

If I remember correctly aren't you suppose to use kero as the cutting/cooling fluid for working on alloy heads?

I used a re coil kit on my weber carby where the airfilter housing bolts to, no drama at all and as Thom said they are stronger than before.

perfect time to machine it for screw in studs :)

Reason being Dave??? Forced induction?? I've put 5cc pistons in so that's probably out of the question now and the machine shop said the block had been taken down at some stage too

Don't need studs or rollers for boost you don't need cam you don't need revs well unless you want to run 8s and still be a ok streeter

I fit rollers to anything past 510 lift it makes the valve train last for ever

and yes just boost everything "that's what I was trying to say" rob missed the point I was trying to make LOL althow I am with his good valve train and rev the fooker out of it HAHA

have you picked a cam? what you running?

Decided to go with a Clive Cam, 207 &207 @50. 110degree love separation and can't remember what he said lift was. I spoke to Clive and that's the one he recommended for more torque and safe to run on standard valve train.

That will give great torque from 2000-4000 but probably top out at 5000. Really good all-rounder that will behave itself like a stocker but a bit more flavour happening when you jump on it.

Beautiful mate, that's what I'm after. I reckon I've only ever revved it to 4000 once so I should be pretty right

fit a 214 214 crow or 218 camtech I think anything under a 214 is to small even for a trailer puller work ute

and it will make no power and not much more TQ then a stock cam

a 214 will still work with no convertor and stock gears but anything more you do does heaps for them ive done 170rwhp out iof a 214 one on a dead stock engine with 10.5 to 1 it would rip a tree out of the ground and was flat on its bum at 4600rpm

my thorts only but ive done a fair few that 170hp one even went 14.5 in a corty with stock gears and convertor

Shit Dave, I've already had the cam installed and all seals replaced so I'm pretty much stuck with it now I will try it as it is now and hopefully it's not too bad.

Must need a turbo then haha