thorne

Ford verification letter thread

96 posts in this topic

not paying the 02 code for center belt in an XR6, that should have a Tbar auto console and 2 recaros.. (i know dave has a photo of a bench seat one though)

i had a reply from ford saying John who looked up mine will look into it and reply back.. hopefully he is interested enough to chase it up..

assuming their job is boring office work, it might be fun to go chat to everyone in the building on detective work, and go into the basement archives(thats what i imagine happens?)

not paying the 02 code for center belt in an XR6, that should have a Tbar auto console and 2 recaros.. (i know dave has a photo of a bench seat one though)

i had a reply from ford saying John who looked up mine will look into it and reply back.. hopefully he is interested enough to chase it up..

assuming their job is boring office work, it might be fun to go chat to everyone in the building on detective work, and go into the basement archives(thats what i imagine happens?)

Not for much longer if Ford Head Office get their way, they want all Ford Aus archives moved offshore to America.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not for much longer if Ford Head Office get their way, they want all Ford Aus archives moved offshore to America.

that will give me incentive to buy a new ford(Not) (not that i have ever done so anyway)

found the old list here

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbportal/viewarticle.php?articleid=198

Option 02 listed as centre seat belt.... This may point to having that little centre seat between bucket seats 

Oh, really? I have bucket seats in mine (no bench-seat) with the XF-derived console squarely between them. As my XH is a t-bar auto - not converted from an earlier column-shift, my letter confirms auto floor-shift - I don't believe it was ever fitted with a centre-belt as there couldn't be a seat there.

Maybe they have the mounts fitted in case I tear out the centre console (granted I've never removed it so this is just a guess on my part)....?

Oh, really? I have bucket seats in mine (no bench-seat) with the XF-derived console squarely between them. As my XH is a t-bar auto - not converted from an earlier column-shift, my letter confirms auto floor-shift - I don't believe it was ever fitted with a centre-belt as there couldn't be a seat there.

Maybe they have the mounts fitted in case I tear out the centre console (granted I've never removed it so this is just a guess on my part)....?

bit frustrating isn't it..

they probably weren't thinking people would be looking back 20yrs later wondering how the cars were optioned..

tick option 02.. why? oh, we always do.. it doesn't exist, but makes it looks like we are giving something extra ;)

Valvebouncer likes this

Based on the last address (high care retirement place) and what I was told by the consignment dealer of his condition when sold, likely not much good. His family sold all his gear as legally handed his affairs. Maybe I can try the consignment dealer to ask the family that sold the car on his behalf No harmI will check the some of the other places mentioned

I remember seeing this particular car at a southern suburbs dealership in Adelaide (from memory near Brighton or daws park or even Edwardstown) advertised for $2,700 as a 1 owner car on the trading post.

You could spend $70.00 (old vehicle report) and contact all the previous registries that have owned the car (eliminate the dealers) go straight to first owners find out if it's had a different engine or been in a hit etc.

Here is the link:- http://www.acchs.com.au

Xelisty likes this

I paid more than that amount. The consignment dealer wanted $8500 but I paid $5k. I did not even look at the car in person, just a mech report and normal risk checks. Worth it in my book. Sent straight to mike vine. I did not see it for 12 months after purchased

I know the family does not want anything to do with providing info on the car. Dad is passed plus was sick for years so understand why. Dealer tried already.

Not sure what the web site above does over the ford verification letter. Seems the same

The numbers are the same on the engine and the chassis but don't match any numbers registered by ford when I called them.

The Numbers on the compliance plates is all good and noted on previous owner rego

The oldest paperwork I have is from 1998 and same owners name from the name on the rego when purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some old contacts on the ait install paperwork I can try to see a bit of history but going way back that is. Some of these business are still there which is very cool.

22f328a12fbcf5f6936f37ab4d969a65.jpg87fa7f78804d9737cd9ac920940a340b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe pop in and see the service dept at a Ford dealer, when i was working at a ford dealer and was buying clevo blocks for the XD we were able to put the engine number in and find the original owners name, the make of the car it was out of, where it was sold and a few other details, would that help at all with your search?

The numbers are the same on the engine and the chassis but don't match any numbers registered by ford when I called them. The Numbers on the compliance plates is all good and noted on previous owner rego The oldest paperwork I have is from 1998 and same owners name from the name on the rego when purchased.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe pop in and see the service dept at a Ford dealer, when i was working at a ford dealer and was buying clevo blocks for the XD we were able to put the engine number in and find the original owners name, the make of the car it was out of, where it was sold and a few other details, would that help at all with your search?

Is it possible that the original block may have blown up under warranty with the A.I.T kit and ford warranted a new block from a 1985 (XF era) ????

It may have been a cheaper option for ford to have a new engine swap why the JG34FK and when Regency Park (Transport S.A.) was notified of the engine change they may have changed the vin number on the body? This could quite possibly be the case.

I think your lucky that your not registered in Melbourne as they would have asked that shock tower to be X-rayed with removal of the tags as I have seen this done in the past, with new numbers for chassis and engine number remaining the same.

SirkWhyXF likes this

Is it possible that the original block may have blown up under warranty with the A.I.T kit and ford warranted a new block from a 1985 (XF era) ????

It may have been a cheaper option for ford to have a new engine swap why the JG34FK and when Regency Park (Transport S.A.) was notified of the engine change they may have changed the vin number on the body? This could quite possibly be the case.

I think your lucky that your not registered in Melbourne as they would have asked that shock tower to be X-rayed with removal of the tags as I have seen this done in the past, with new numbers for chassis and engine number remaining the same.

That sounds like it could be a strong possibility.

nickd likes this

well, i finally got a call (email to call them back) to 13ford.. they said for Heritage green XG XR6.. there were ONLY 27 made.. and i've seen one in the wreckers that is gone forever..

pretty rare car i have in that sense then. is it worth $20,000 yet?

Slow250XC and SPArKy_Dave like this

Does anyone know if this will work from nz?

if it was made in Australia i'd say yes.. because i asked them on the questions i had, and was told they only know how it left the factory(not for dealer fitted options)

Does anyone know if this will work from nz?

I inserted this post at the beginning of the thread when I started it:

I'm unsure who to contact outside of Australia: Kiwi Ford owners might want to call Ford Direct on 0800 367 369, and if they can't help you they may be able to re-direct your enquiry to the relevant desk. Let us know here, I'll be happy to update this thread with correct instructions.

Only hint I could find for NZ, sadly. Please let me know, as mentioned I'll be happy to update.

deankdx likes this

Here are the verification letters for the 4 Falcons I've owned, ute - which has lots of unknown options, old Ghia wagon, red GL wagon and G6E.

Ute also has the unknown, Option 2

145fa8832f4cd6c768c42e1bf00eedc3.jpg

G6E is the only Tassie sold car to list the correct dealership, 3616 as Tilford Motors Hobart.

2635b644c59bbc89b02f58141fca3d60.jpg

Red wagon lists Tilford Motors as "Davenport" which should be Devonport, however Devonport Ford has never been called Tilfords.

a0f1848acd8b85871a52422c7d3e1daa.jpg

Old Ghia wagon was ex Victorian. Interestingly, this doesn't list the air shocks the Ghia had, which were Ford genuine shocks, maybe dealer fitted?

77e9ce7bbdf7f1c46efcf4aa5cb10204.jpg