thorne

Ford verification letter thread

96 posts in this topic

Thought I might as well start a new dedicated thread for these, as a quick search shows others are in many other posts, and I don't have a build thread for my rolling iron. :)

Please feel free to share yours, we'd all like to see them and talk about them! Or even have more knowledgeable users help us decode them. And who doesn't want to show off their official Ford accreditations?

----------

So, guess what arrived last week?

5TkiZY5E.jpg

And here it is!

h2LF5G2t.jpg

This has been very carefully filed away with my car papers, as it's an obvious keepsake.

Just one question on the options listed:
Option 02 - not listed.

What can that option be?

slydog likes this

How did you go about getting that? Cheers

Try email foacust1@ford.com and scan proof of ownership like registration papers, a photo of ID plates and drivers licence. It takes only a week or so and bingo your letter shows up. If all else fails ring Ford on 13ford and they'll point you in the right direction,

Cheers Bruce

JGP, NZXD, MNTL.XD and 1 other like this

So, how do you get a verification letter for your Ford family member?

You will need proof of identity - usually your driver's licence, front and back - showing your current address, and proof of ownership of the vehicle, clearly showing the VIN - I used registration renewal papers - before you contact Ford.

Anywhere within Australia, call 13 FORD (13 3673). Once you speak to their helpdesk, you will be allocated a reference to use regarding your enquiry. I elected to be mailed my verification letter, but I understand Ford can email it to you as well. This service is free of charge for all Ford owners.

In my case, I was able to scan my driver's licence and rego, email Ford Australia (foacust1@ford.com) with the reference number they gave me, with a polite request for a letter of verification, and attach the scans; you can fax them in as well, if you need, or even write in with copies of your paperwork. About a week later, it arrived in my letterbox.

I'm unsure who to contact outside of Australia: Kiwi Ford owners might want to call Ford Direct on 0800 367 369, and if they can't help you they may be able to re-direct your enquiry to the relevant desk. Let us know here, I'll be happy to update this thread with correct instructions.

Probably best to call in first, as in my case they wanted my email quoting the reference number they gave me.

Hope this helps. And post in the results here!

slydog likes this

I've always just emailed then requesting a verification letter of the vehicle, and including a photo/scan of licence (front and back), VIN plate/sticker and rego papers.

slydog likes this

Etis seems to only work after a certain year. Had nothing on my old NA Fairlane, but had all the info on my little brothers EB wagon. Tried a mates '90 EA sedan VIN and came up with all the specs?

i used the etis link recently to check if a ute was a genuine XR6. gave me enough info, but its not as fancy as the piece of paper..

was able to check the details without owing the car which is handy.

It was built on the 15/12/97 to be exact - type the details into the Ford Etis system.

Works with any 17 digit Ford VIN's. (89' onwards)

http://www.etis.ford.com/

(under the 'Vehicle' heading)

I did this today. They had no record of the engine and chassis numbers which is weird.

. I gave them the numbers on the compliance plates and they worked. All is the same exact options listed including the disk brakes, efi, air con ect. Only the 5 speed was not listed as it says 4 speed floor.

all the paperwork I have it was fitted with the ait turbo kit in 1983 so maybe the 5 speed went in there. There is a note in the manual T50D with a serial number listed

Anyone else not have the car and engine number not listed

T5 wasn't used in Falcons until 86 or 87.

What's your chassis number? Be interesting to see if the chassis number matches your car, in terms of what it was built as.

Maybe the warranty became void with the fitment of the turbo and as such the cars numbers were deleted from Fords system?

Chassis and Engine number matches hence its registered under that number.

Ford history went by the compliance plates

JG34FK40072

Pretty different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the warranty became void with the fitment of the turbo and as such the cars numbers were deleted from Fords system?

Ford still warranted cars fitted with AIT turbo kits, AIT warranted all the turbo stuff.

The AIT kits could be ordered through your ford dealer, or dealer fitted.

JG34FK40072

Pretty different

J=Australia

G=Broadmeadows

34=Fairmont Sedan

F=1985

K=October

That doesn't add up...

JG34FK40072

Pretty different

J=Australia

G=Broadmeadows

34=Fairmont Sedan

F=1985

K=October

That doesn't add up...

Agree. Weird.

How would that be stamped on the car and the engine too. Obviously built in 83 as I have paperwork the ait turbo was fitted in 1983 and the shop that fitted the kits name. When I called The shop that fitted the turbo, they did a few turbo kits in 83 for ford (guessing dealers) and none since. The dealer on consignment who I bought it from said it was owned by a ford engineer and one owner . I have no proof of that. He said the previous owner suffered medical issues (dementia) and his family was selling all his stuff. All hearsay

Either way I will ignore them as the compliance plates match the cars specs.

I rang ford about 6 years ago asking for the details on my limited edition te S pack corty. Didn't say anything to them at the time just gave them the vin etc. When they got back to me I was told it was a gl in Monza red, black interior, 4 speed 6 etc. Nothing about being a S pack. I questioned the guy on the phone about it and he told me that they don't have a listing saying that a S pack was made in the te.

But I have a brochure for the te S pack. The vin # ends in 00247 matching the glove box badge 247 that was fitted to all from 001 to 500 made. So yeah doesn't look like every think got recorded in there files.

Agree. Weird.

The compliance plate will say a build month/year, and the model name - Falcon/Fairmont etc.

So it has the wrong compliance plate fitted?

or.....

I call lies.

This is what happens when I put in my utes VIN.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought your VIN should be (6FPAAA)JG------ (6numbers) and end with a letter (possibly C or K)

The VIN you have entered starts with 6FPAAAJL, why JL instead of JG?

Agree. Weird.

The compliance plate will say a build month/year, and the model name - Falcon/Fairmont etc.

So it has the wrong compliance plate fitted?

or.....

The compliance plate matches the car specs exactly. The chassis and engine numbers are all messed up.

Or

it makes no sense the alternative as why would you bother and the paperwork dates to 1983 matches the turbo etc

Either way I'm never going to find out

The compliance plate matches the car specs exactly. The chassis and engine numbers are all messed up.

Or

it makes no sense the alternative as why would you bother and the paperwork dates to 1983 matches the turbo etc

when i read it .. i thought WTF, the chassis number on the car must match the chassis number on the compliance plate.. engine number can be changed..

i am confused if thats what was meant or something else

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought your VIN should be (6FPAAA)JG------ (6numbers) and end with a letter (possibly C or K)

The VIN you have entered starts with 6FPAAAJL, why JL instead of JG?

JL means Broadmeadows production line 2, utes and panel vans were built on that one.

There's also JH, for Fairlane/LTD, which were built in Queensland.

MNTL.XD likes this

Or

when i read it .. i thought WTF, the chassis number on the car must match the chassis number on the compliance plate.. engine number can be changed..

i am confused if thats what was meant or something else

Chassis number and engine number matches. (Stupid number that makes no sense)

Compliance plate numbers are completely different numbers but do match the specs and options listed on the car like efi, spac, all round disks, LSD, aircon etc etc. the mvr in Darwin said it does happen every now and then with the older cars and did all the checks without and legal dramas.

Just for some strange reasons the engine/chassis numbers are all messed up compared to the compliance plates.

The car has the SAA marked for life all over it and they used the compliance plate numbers.