LJDB

Te v8 conversion in 2016

hi guys just wondering what's involved and how difficult it is to,put a Efi v8 Windsor in a TE these days in Victoria. I can get my hands on a complete running au2 fairlane very cheap to swap everything over.

hi guys just wondering what's involved and how difficult it is to,put a Efi v8 Windsor in a TE these days in Victoria. I can get my hands on a complete running au2 fairlane very cheap to swap everything over.

Bugger how hard it is, do it bro!

I suppose the normal crs stuff would mount it in, can I still use the 4 speed auto. what involved in engineering these days with all the new rules around club rego ect.

I suppose the normal crs stuff would mount it in, can I still use the 4 speed auto. what involved in engineering these days with all the new rules around club rego ect.

New rules mean you will fall under an 'm' plate on club rego. This basically means that any car that needed engineering for full rego will need the same for club rego. Your car must now pass RWC to acheive club rego, and since your car would be 'modified' it will need an engineering cert as well as RWC.

HTH

The car would be roadworthy atm except for the xflow because of mods and emissions. Would the v8 have to meet new emission rules or that of the xflow. How could a car pass Rwc with a different engine as there's nothing to go off. If the engineer passes does that mean the driveline is Rwc?

So the engineer will look at brake systems, tyre sizes/widths, mechanical suitability of the overall chassis such as diff mounts on those TEs. You might need go beef up the chassis something like seam welding. What the capacity to weight formula do they use now? As you can see there's many, many ways they may want you to upgrade parts of your car.

Alternatively you could do the basic conversion and tow it around and race it etc, thats far less hassle. Or fit an OHC or DOHC 4L which I dont think will need engineering.

Cars are fun aren't they?

Meh, get it roady'd and reg'd then do it. See how long to takes to get caught. A mate of mine had a Corty with meth'd clevo, tubs, rollbars, the lot and didn't get checked out for the full 2.5years the car was on the road, and that was in Hamilton Vic which the call cop city, all the rookies are there, their provement grounds. It was registered as a 6 the whole time. lol.

Its already on club rego with the six. I thought about just doing it as I haven't been pulled over yet and I could keep it under the bonnet with the efi. The 6 atm is giving me the shit, take it out one day and its good as gold and the next seems to go like shit. I can pick up a good au2 v8 fairlane for $600 as a donor car and plus who doesn't want a v8 corty

If its already club reg'd then you're ok since you fall under the existing rules (no rwc needed) which state the car must be 'in a safe drivable condition' or something similar. The only issue would be questionable mods that weren't shown to your club inspector at the time of inspection, thus potentially landing them in a world of shit. But you'd have to be pulled over for that to happen.

I'd say go for it, technically it's legal.

Its already on club rego with the six. I thought about just doing it as I haven't been pulled over yet and I could keep it under the bonnet with the efi. The 6 atm is giving me the shit, take it out one day and its good as gold and the next seems to go like shit. I can pick up a good au2 v8 fairlane for $600 as a donor car and plus who doesn't want a v8 corty

It should be illegal NOT to put a V8 into a Cortina. If you get done for it you'll have a story to tell your grandkids.

I'd do it, you only live once, live hard, die sideways. (in which case someone else will have to tell the grandkids.) lol  :lol:

a stock injected engine makes no power and no torque you can make a washed up crossy go as hard

my old GTXR8 hybred thing had a comped up camed up stalled up and 3.5 gear and my 167hp corty would eat it like it was nothing and before anyone says it was car weight that engine ended up in a mates XF and still run 2.9 gears in his and would still give it a fair arse handing :(

what im trying to say is,,,,,,,, ,ummmmmmm cant rememember...... fook it just boost the fucker :D

a stock injected engine makes no power and no torque you can make a washed up crossy go as hard

my old GTXR8 hybred thing had a comped up camed up stalled up and 3.5 gear and my 167hp corty would eat it like it was nothing and before anyone says it was car weight that engine ended up in a mates XF and still run 2.9 gears in his and would still give it a fair arse handing :(

what im trying to say is,,,,,,,, ,ummmmmmm cant rememember...... fook it just boost the fucker :D

Bahahahaha!! Oh mate, that gave me a good laugh, cunny funt aren't we!!

A big yes to boosting it, a boosted Windsor Corty, yep!!

Windsors being of such small physical size there should be easily enough room for a snail each side. Hehehe. Give that little Windsor a stroker crank and some decent aftermarket alloy heads and blah blah blah..... shit, i've lost where i was going too now!!

I was actually thinking single turbo, there's kits from the states for fox body mustangs cheap. I was trying to find a birds eye view of a te Corty with efi v8 to see how much room there is. That's partly why I wanted to use an efi motor. By the way I took the car to work yesterday and I'm back in love with the xflow (for now anyway).

Had a look at the fairlane and decided to pull the pin on the idea. Leaning towards a 4 litre sohc turbo, found some good info and seems slightly easier than a 5.0 option. I think the biggest issue will be the sump as long as i keep my hp level realistic. Any info would be great