93xf

Crow 14626 or 14650

Looking for some feedback and pros/cons of these two cams in a hot crossy with 10.8:1 comp, extensive headwork, ef crank/200 rods, 650 dbl pumper, 3000 stall auto and 3.5 diff.

http://www.crowcams.com.au/FindaProduct/tabid/92/ProdID/15320/14626__FALCON_XFLOW_HIGH_LIFT.aspx

http://www.crowcams.com.au/FindaProduct/tabid/92/ProdID/15321/Default.aspx

Need a new cam after damaging my current solid - any other suggestions from other manufacturers even?

Thanks in advance guys :).

Put a tighe 392c in there on 110 lobe separation and hold the fek on. Best solid cam for a tough x flow and good for well over 250@ the tyres with the right head and four barrel manifold.

This camshaft just works in a tough crossy. In my opinion nothing else comes close. I've used them for years, tried others, always came back to the 392c on 110 lobe sep.

it will pull like a 14 year old from 2500-6500 without a drama.

That sounds like a stout combo so the first cam would do it justice more than the second one, which might be a little tame for what you're after.

Crow seem to be the type of cam you go for if you want a proven, ready to run, off-the-shelf stick that might not be 100% exactly what you want but close.

If you want to go with Crow, buy from Precision International. They are much cheaper and you can get lifters while you're at it, get the whole lot delivered to your door and bloody quick. They never sell shit quality.

Another brand they sell which is much cheaper is called Dynotec. They use the same German-made blank as what Crow use (found this out myself) but are ground in Taiwan. The machines they use are very modern and grind all 16 lobes at once, meaning mass production is cheaper yet still accurate. They don't do many aggressive profiles so might not suit you in this case.

Others on here have their own preference for cam manufacturers but keep in mind that all of them almost always use the same source for their blanks. It comes down to what profile works for what combo, and how accurate their timing is when ground.

Yep gerg can't agree more. What I will say is if you go with the tighe cam you will have to dial it in. They very rarely go in dot to dot. It's just the way it is. But with that sort of engine you would be dialling in any brand to make sure your right and also to make sure you don't run into piston to valve issues.