CHESTNUTXE

SNOWFLAKE VS CHASER RIM

I've never liked how chunky they look, especially on the rim face where it's squared off. I'll let ya's in on a bit of a trick: I bevelled mine off by about 5 mm just to make the face a bit thinner and less chunky. Also makes the distance from the rim to the spokes look less. Made a big difference!

Before:

1670743109ad6713a0c4ec2b6eca676f.jpg

After (bit hard to see the bevel):

ad1d1eb148a137fe715888b7f6437253.jpg

OK take this with alot of thought if your not comfortable but you could just fit the bare rims to the rear and jack up the car at both ends and clean the rims with the engine going,car in gear and wheels spinning. Done it before myself :)

Yep, same! Pull the weights off after marking, hold a bit of 1000 grit on it while idling in 1st gear, then steel wool, then some wheel polish. I also did the bevelled edge this way using a flapper disc on a grinder. I paint wheels this way too.

Yep, same! Pull the weights off after marking, hold a bit of 1000 grit on it while idling in 1st gear, then steel wool, then some wheel polish. I also did the bevelled edge this way using a flapper disc on a grinder. I paint wheels this way too.

I don't feel so bodgy now LOL.

i have 3 1984 esp rims and 2 1982 ones there is a small difference between the two but finding a matching set is quite hard,but not impossible,i have also seen grey xf ghia rims