Server maintenance Read more... ×
dougie77

Injected 460

I do, I looked at one last week HAHAHAH

they pull a 5500 pound truck around very well

I looked how you go about geyying power and TQ out of a 400 clevo I hope 460s are not as shit as those engines

The 429 was out first before the 4ziggy,and are rare by todays standards,i was always thinking the same as most other people that the 400 clevo was a dog but there is quite a bit of get go gear for em now,i have a set of 400 heads from 1973 usa clevo (massive open chambers 78cc) as for the 460 injected i wouldnt have a fookin klew.

I do, I looked at one last week HAHAHAH

they pull a 5500 pound truck around very well

I looked how you go about geyying power and TQ out of a 400 clevo I hope 460s are not as shit as those engines

M-motors were considered shit because from start to finish they were only ever made in the smog era (ie open chamber, low comp, retarded cam, two barrel only, smog pump heads, etc) but if you want to compare apples with apples, throw some go-fast clevo bits at one and lol at the stupid midrange torque and still decent top-end.

They're spinning them to over 6500 in the States, now they're really waking up to what before was considered a boat anchor motor. They're stroking them too, even though it's already the longest stroke that Ford ever made in a V8.

Don't forget, 460s were mostly shit smog engines too. And they were heavy... 80 kg more than a clevo and 60 more than an M. That's like carrying an extra passenger, but on your bonnet.

But you can get some decent cubes out of them. 557 seems to be the most they go out to. That's 9.1 litres!

There is only one m engine and that is the 351m,the 400 is a called a 400 cleveland ,just people in the late 70.s started calling the 400 a m but ford never called it that,its just plain 400.

There is only one m engine and that is the 351m,the 400 is a called a 400 cleveland ,just people in the late 70.s started calling the 400 a m but ford never called it that,its just plain 400.

Yeah I know all that but the blocks are the same so I just call both the 351M and the 400 "M" motors, same reason why everyone does I guess, even though it's not technically right.

Same story for 302 Windsors... There never was one, Ford just named their 351 small block "Windsor" to differentiate it from the 351 Cleveland. The 221/260/289/302 "Windsors", as most call them, were just "Ford Small Block V8".

The kaase boss 429 package is the go,use any 429-460 block and buy the hemi heads and intake ect and bam 700 plus hp is easy done,or wack in the 520 c.i. stroker crank,for under $10,000 you have a 750-850hp engine if you build it your self.

Yeah I know all that but the blocks are the same so I just call both the 351M and the 400 "M" motors, same reason why everyone does I guess, even though it's not technically right.

Same story for 302 Windsors... There never was one, Ford just named their 351 small block "Windsor" to differentiate it from the 351 Cleveland. The 221/260/289/302 "Windsors", as most call them, were just "Ford Small Block V8".

400 block is not the same, has extra length on top

Don't forget, 460s were mostly shit smog engines too. And they were heavy... 80 kg more than a clevo and 60 more than an M. That's like carrying an extra passenger, but on your bonnet.

But you can get some decent cubes out of them. 557 seems to be the most they go out to. That's 9.1 litres!

Yeah they are very heavy and the aftermarket blocks even heavier again...

The later blocks (385 series) could be stroked alot more than the factory chev/chrysler BB's giving them an advantage nowadays with the better top end stuff available