ando76

My Crossflow addiction. Show us yours

I suspect there is a few of us on here with a crossflow addiction so I thought I'd start a thread where we can share photos of our addiction. (admin delete if not allowed)

I'll start the ball rolling;

130116_003.jpg

Absent from this photo is my 'loan' race engine. It's in Brenton's race car.

All gone now but at one stage I had (all at one time):

One alloy XF on gas in my Corty

One in my brother's wrecked XF (my fault)

One iron one in a wrecked TE wags

One iron one in bits out of an XC panno

An alloy in my mate's xe ute that he abandoned at my house

My old Corty alloy one in bits at my mate's workshop.

All went to the tip... Every one!

I only have 1 spare... I kept it cos it was out of a 105k car, yep have the BW40 for it too...

Well you never know when it will come in handy....

Same, i've only got one spare cause its only got 87k on it. Got the BW40 for it too, and will keep the diff as backup when it come out on the near future as its already come in handy once.

I have my every day driver wagon with a 200ci crossflow that drinks/eats/chews 1 litre of oil /5000kms. I have my solid roller crossflow in my sedan that after 5 years will hopefully be running within a month or 6. I have a spare running 250 from a wrecked ute that is to replace the 200ci in my wagon when it drinks more oil than fuel.  I have the original engine out of my sedan that required 2 bottles of chemiweld to seal up the head gasket/warped after the original owner ran the engine dry.

I use to have an entire spare engine which included a 86DA block that was pulled from an XF wagon that I wrecked many moons ago for the cylinder head to replace the fucked cylinder head on my sedan. Someone needed the 86DA block for an e series crank conversion so I am left with the rest of the engine.

So that make 2 running  250ci crossflow engines (if you give me a month or 6 to get my roller cam crossflow running) 1 used 250ci engine in apparent running condition, 1 250ci engine with a fucked head and 1 complete 250ci engine less engine block. And finally one 200ci engine that likes to drink oil like it is beer.

Yep I'm a crossflow addict and proud of it. The other day I had a thought of turning my XE wagon with a fucked body into a sedan delivery like an XP, the first and only engine I thought to power it was a crossflow.

Dam these cross flow threads....thinking I need one now.

Less thinking more doing. Owning a crossflow is not about an intellegent decision, it an spiritual enlighten moment of glory. Plus they are a bloody good engine that run forever.

See my previous statment about my wagon 200ci engine using 1 litre of oil/5000km service. The engine is running as good as ever, just need to check oil and make sure it doesnt get low on oil thats it. I look at it in a positive light though, my exhaust wont rust from the inside out due to the amount of oil being pumped through the exhaust.

Dam these cross flow threads....thinking I need one now.

Less thinking more doing. Owning a crossflow is not about an intellegent decision, it an spiritual enlighten moment of glory. Plus they are a bloody good engine that run forever.

See my previous statment about my wagon 200ci engine using 1 litre of oil/5000km service. The engine is running as good as ever, just need to check oil and make sure it doesnt get low on oil thats it. I look at it in a positive light though, my exhaust wont rust from the inside out due to the amount of oil being pumped through the exhaust.

I would love a crossy, in a XF Ghia. I still remember sitting in a brand new XF Ghia and being amazed by electric Windows and cigarette lighters on each door, then the dash........dam bet I go dreaming on eBay now.

My crossy in the xe seems to love a wee drink aswell. Shes nearly chewed a 5L container of oil so far and its only been on the road less than a month lol. In this time its done maybe 3000-4000km. Still runs good as gold. Its currently done  419,000kays although it had a set of rings and bearings thrown at it within the last 100,000kays.

100_1563_zpse0cd0b1d.jpg

The old mans XD ute did over half a million on the first motor before he swapped it out as it was burning a lot of oil. And being a contractors ute that thing did a lot of towing. After the motor swap it got up to 798,000 kays before it got parked up due to rust issues. Need to get it going and do the million i reckon ;)

Then there's the crossy in the XE ute hes running at the moment. Just did a head gasket and valve seals on it so hopefully it keeps chugging away.

So all up when my cars at home there's 4 crossies floating about. Just a shame they're all slow,...... might have to investigate some boooosst one day B)

Shame your in NZ, there is a tidy XF Ghia sedan on ebay at the moment

Hey, I'm in the NT now. But the XD is patiently waiting in NZ to be shipped over.