hsp25

4v 302 heads?

Hey guys. I am cleaning up the shed and have these heads off an old windsor from my youth. Can anyone help me out and tell me what they may be worth? They have new seats and guides with chev exhaust and 351 inlet valves from memory. Dunno what happened to the springs etc. I know they look pretty grotty but they have been shed stored and not been wet since dip tanked.post-9303-0-44230600-1452409708_thumb.jpgpost-9303-0-11091800-1452409714_thumb.jpgpost-9303-0-95165600-1452409720_thumb.jpg

C8 means 1968, from what I briefly read, are pretty rare. Made for that year only, came in Mercury Cougars and Hi-Po Mustangs. They compare reasonably with the GT40 for performance potential.

Looking at the exhaust valve, it looks too big compared to the inlet, so maybe you need to increase the inlet size closer to the correct ratio.

Oh ok... Yeah no idea what they're worth, certainly need a tank and a skim. I think realistically they're only worth something to somebody looking for originality on say a Mustang resto etc, which isn't common in Aus. I'd say cleaned up and skimmed, they might bring $500 if you point out exactly what they are (and you're lucky).

Thanks again. Sounds like, even though they are rare, they aren't worth the trouble. Just a dip tank is $50 here. I didn't ask how much to skim

XT GT. You will sell them easy.

Hope so but I still have no idea how much is a reasonable thing. I haven't been able to find others for sale to get an idea