Server maintenance Read more... ×
XF001

Turbo xf falcon.

50 grand and can't find room for programmable management or an intercooler? Has a "factory" dry ice setup because it's a rare S Pack, WTF is that horseshit? 255rwkw is nothing to sneeze at but clearly it wasn't engineered/tuned well enough to sustain that power level safely. This stage 1-2-3 talk doesn't mean anything. All of that info is fairly useless other than for some history and what mistakes/abominations never to repeat. Still I agree with the other guys, it's a good starting point for a quick car.

I don't believe half the rubbish I've been told about this car. It is satans bastard child and shall be treated as such when I get around to pulling it down.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I recently found an old cataloge on old mike vine turbo kits from back in the day and they all seemed to be blow through and none made anywhere near 255kw. I'd be stripping it down and starting from scratch. Looks like an old set up and turbocharging has come alone way since it was probably built.

I don't believe half the rubbish I've been told about this car. It is satans bastard child and shall be treated as such when I get around to pulling it down.

That's the right attitude and mind set to have. Expect the worst until proven otherwise.

As far as the 255rwkw I'm thinking the car would have needed to be just about running on meth not just a spray. The mix of meth to fuel would have had to be pretty high so as to keep the intake temps down at 14psi (or you could use the little magical black switch BHAHAHAHAHA) . When she said she ran out of fuel it was more likely ran out of meth which would have caused all sorts of problems literally.

Best thing to do is sit down and make a plan of what you want from the car so you know how far your going to go with it. This sort of project could get out of hand pretty damn quick as everything would be better if it was done again. But if you don't need it done again and it's ok to use then that will save time and money, no point in wasting cash just to redo something.

Once I get my car on the road I would be happy to lend a hand if you need/want it.

Good luck with the build. Sound like some work ahead.

FYI Having owed an old mike vine stage two xe, I know he had three stages to choose from. I got a stage 2 which was the below above the stage 1

twin strongberg carbies,

extra heavy duty clutch

and 1.1 bar boost so about 16psi.

No meth but same water injection system as stage 1.

Yes it had a green light that light up when water injection was running. Had a 5 litre water tank that you had to check and top up if you were on it too much.

Pretty hard to remember what rwkw but at was around the 190rwkw. Brutal turbo lag but fun as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As everyone has said, at least she had the decency to reply. Now it's just a matter of disregarding all that crap. Strip it out. Work ou what you can salvage and re-build with a firm plan.

Wagoon has offered his time and I'm happy to come and have a look as well. I'll be down in Brissy shortly to do the start up and tune on wagoon's roller cam donk and I am more than happy to lend a hand (no cost) if you need/ want it.

Would a 600 x 300 x 76 intercooler be adequate?<br /><br />Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Picked up the intercooler yesterday.<br /><br />439dabd9231b8eeb7cf6f0987d62a910.jpg<br /><br />Any advice on where to get the piping from? After the motor is sorted, would it be easier to mock up the plumbing in pvc pipe before buying the pipework?<br /><br />Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Unless you can ally tig weld, I'd just make it from Mild Steel 90 and 45 deg mandrel exhaust tube bends 2.5" would be fine. You can even Mig it and just paint it. Put some weld tacks on the end of each tube to stop the silicone joiners from popping off. I got mine from Western filters here in Sydney when I did my old car. I'm sure there's someone closer to you that sells them. Basically with pipe work you have a start point and finishing point. So you start by mounting your intercooler securely. You would put you silicone joiner on your turbo outlet and work your way to the intercooler, then from the intercooler to the throttle body. Just try to keep the bends as smooth and gradual as you can.Try to minimise the amount of joints as these are potential leaking points. Try to only use them where it is impossible use a whole section of tube,or where one section is fixed to the body and the other on the engine.

Thanks for the advice XPT. Will do as you suggest<br /><br />Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Holy crap just looked through this thread and the chicks dad should never be allowed to work on a car ever again! Dash has more lights and switches than a nasa space mission! Good starting point for a project none the less. I'd start with wiring and dash. Rip everything out and start again. It'll be easier than sorting that abomination. Probably easier to go an aftermarket ecu to get it running right.

wow. 
Finally found your thread to take a look at. I have spoken with you on Facebook about this car a few times. 

Good luck with it. I honestly thought i was diving into the unknown buying the turbo xe wagon, but i think our XE is a little better off than this. Ill be watching your progress mate. 

Have started to do a few things on the old girl - finally. Rear brakes were locked on so removed the rear calipers ready for a refurbed set to go on so I can move the bitch around. Checked out the exhaust system while under there and looks like a new 3" system will be required as the existing one is full of holes.

This could take a while longer than I expected.

Almost ready to bolt the rear brakes back together. Gave them a coat of paint after I put a kit through them. Looking a lot better

ae7a7fd29f62f75c6b546dbc071bb19d.jpg

3f80250318b133427e6faa42df4436b3.jpg

86fbb5d9cd35c20ba77f3818bff36d6f.jpg

Next on the agenda will be having a look at the spaghetti called wiring under the dash. Front seats will be out as will half the dash. Not looking forward to doing it.

Been a while since I posted so I thought an update was in order. Had a guy who builds turbo motors come and have a look at the bitch and he was straight up with me about what was required.
He estimate of what it would cost to rebuild the motor, set up a decent engine management system and all the other crap necessary to make a reliable street car has forced me to look at other options.

My thoughts now are leaning towards a turbo barra transplant, most likely from an fg falcon.

The search has now begun for an fg turbo motor with all the bolt ons, computer and loom.

Success. Have got a bf turbo barra motor with all the bolt ons as well as all the bits like loom, ecu etr to make it run. Motor should be delivered to my place by the end of next week.
Now let the fun begin.

Not yet matt_lamb_160. It will get pulled down and most likely rebuilt after I get the barra in and running.