Server maintenance Read more... ×
XF001

Turbo xf falcon.

If you are decent at wiring I would just cut it off at the connectors and pull the lot out. Imagine chasing a fault in there. After burning my first car's loom with bad wiring, I made sure I did the right thing second time round and put a hotrod loom in.

Best get a new interior from some rusted out thing too. More holes than religious dogma in there

People on this site are legends.

Thanks, I do try.

If that's the case were all fucked :P

XF001 we all had to start somewhere but yes this place is full of very helpful people that won't bullshit to you and will give the advice you need to here whether it's the advice your ready for or wanting to hear well that's a different matter. Everyone means well but a lot is lost in internet translation.

As I said wagoon, I know nothing about forced induction. I have no preconceived ideas about the subject and am open to all advice. While the cost of implementing this advice may make this a slow rebuild, I want to do it properly once and once only.

At the moment, I am trying to put together a plan of attack and put dollar figure against said plan.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

All my knowledge about the glorious crossflow and a lot of specific mechanical knowledge have come from the kind people of this site. You will definitely learn a lot here and by knowing exactly what you want from the car and how much your going to spend is the only place to start.

Not too worried about rebuilding the car. Just know fuck all about forced induction.

I have already decided to pull the engine down and put new rings through it as well as new bearings. The head will also get a rebuild.

After that, I am in the dark. Silly questions will follow.

Can I make a suggestion, measure the cc of the piston and measure the cc of the combustion chamber on the head. That way you can know exactly what the compression ratio is. Just like any engine setup knowing the compression ratio helps to get the setup just right. Not saying you will have to change anything or spend big money but might as well know what you have to work with while the engine is apart. Checking CR costs little to no money and just a bit of your time.

Reading up on intercoolers on a few forums. A couple of xf's were running 600x400x75 with 3" inlet and outlets. Anyone got an opinion or some guidance on what size I should be looking at?

Just been looking at photos of XFO747. Nice look and tidy engine bay.Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah that car overall is a good example of how to do it "right". There's a lot to be said for nice tidy paint and a nice set of wheels. Less is more

i remember when the young girl owned it this about 15yrs ago, think it had the plates MSPSI and her dad built it for her or some shit

just had a quick read thru this thread, your better off getting another rusted shell with good trim and swap dashes and looms over, dunno what the guy was thinking with all the nasa lights going on

It was indeed MSPSI. The car has only done 17000km since it was built. Rego lapsed in Feb 2008.

You're right about the lights though. I have all the plastic pieces needed to repair the dash. Will start pulling it apart when I finish cleaning out my shed which should happen in the next few weeks. If it gets too messy, I will look around for a new loom as suggested XF0747.

That was actually an aftermarket upgrade made for BA-BF which is significantly larger than the factory unit, supposedly efficient up to 300rwkw on an xr6t. Not massive by any means with a core size of 450x305x75. The factory XR6 ones are 175mm high; 370mm wide, 55mm thick. You would gain power in an xr6 just from removing the restriction and would sustain power levels longer through better cooling efficiency.

my XR6T has a plazmaman unit 450 x 350 x 90 mm running about 310rwkw.  I can feel heatsoak on hot days in traffic, if you have an option I wouldnt use the stock one.  At least go for the typhoon spec.

my XR6T has a plazmaman unit 450 x 350 x 90 mm running about 310rwkw.  I can feel heatsoak on hot days in traffic, if you have an option I wouldnt use the stock one.  At least go for the typhoon spec.

I'm not quite sure what you thought I meant. I wouldn't use the stock one either, they are the size of a toaster.

Finally manage to contact the girl that owned the car. Screen shits of answers she has given me so far.

7aded618b040eebc8fbdeb49820ae33a.jpg

41aabc2128c557b86b46e368a9fdcfa3.jpg

c79d8680b89e89e01be698aee845f3db.jpg

dc515425afe929e4012efe70d12efb72.jpg

9b891d82f2f59a1d3e0db1006058c234.jpg

bbecb8e07ed46426f3b8fde63faf4520.jpg

Nice ya got some info from her mate.

Sounds like its got a bit of poke.

Going to need to spend a bit of coin to take it to the next level but be worth it.

At least she was kind enough to get back to you. =)

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

Yeah me either mate.

And sounds like Mike Vine be the man to talk to on that.

Sounds like a beast of an engine.

Maybe if ya ask her nice she might post you all the paperwork for it. =)

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

Wow. How does a stock computer have 2 tune settings? Bunch of shit IMO, wouldn't trust that info. Check it out yourself piece by piece and approach everything as a stock component.

Good luck with it all, theres bones of a decent unit there

Something just doesnt add up with all the info putting aside the incorrect info. I mean 50 grand spent on the car, where? I know turbo setups arent cheap but unless that 50 grand includes a 25 grand spray job I just cant see it. Also Mike Vine setup that has 255rwkw with no intercooler and only meth injection?!?

And if that wiring was done by someone with OCD I best get myself checked. I consider the wiring I did on my sedan messy but its a pro job compared to the pics.

Not trying to be mean and by no means putting the car down as I think its a great platform to work from as it looks like there wont be many expensive things you need to buy for it. Just needs a decent tidy up. Keen to see what you can make out of the car actually.