Server maintenance Read more... ×
SPArKy_Dave

XF - EST TIMING MAPS

INFO COPIED, PASTED AND LOGGED - FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES

It is pretty close to stock - just the head shaved and cam ground to 208@50. I'm bypassing the EST computer, and just using the EST pickup and coil drive,- also the EST advance map to start with. Essentially, its like I can run the EST at 30 degrees base timing without it pinging on either gas or 95 petrol, and I figure for that to happen something can't be really right.

I've just been checking the cam timing, and its looking ok, but the theory I'm working on now is that there's too much lifter pre-load.

There's nearly 2 turns after the rocker contacts the pushrod.

Not sure if it's actually causing a problem though, because it's still giving 175psi compression, so presumably the valves are closing off. Anyhow, about to put some shims on the pedistals to see what that does.

INFO COPIED, PASTED AND LOGGED - FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES

Stock EST total advance is 36deg I think. My 60thou off c2 combo runs stock 86 ulp est and doesnt ping either cam is 214@050".
I may look for a 200xflow est ecu also apparently these ramp up quicker. ZAC

I gather from past threads that the 3.3 (and maybe manual) versions have less RPM advance.

I know your only archiving this, but don't think 3.3 ever had EST?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 3.3L was deleted when the XF II came out in 86, which was when EST was added?

Corrected...3.3 was used in XF. 3.3 EST timing comp was the one to have over the rest as it had a better curve. 

Well there you go.

Maybe it was when the sedans and wagons stopped that the 3.3 did as well.

Hey dave im thinking of buying this 1992 xf ute which is auto,i want to fit my manual conversion to it,do i need a manual computer to make it run with all the factory est gear hooked up or will it still go with the auto computer ? also is there a later model ecu like a xr6 eb or ed that will plug straight in for better performance ?

why cant you get a sender with a different range, so say if the engine does get HOT it will pull timing out.. would have a range rating on it in a book somewhere i'd think

why cant you get a sender with a different range, so say if the engine does get HOT it will pull timing out.. would have a range rating on it in a book somewhere i'd think
How many bar is a standard xf map sensor? I've done research and many vehicles are fitted with similar map sensors with identical plugs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, GregHamilton said:

How many bar is a standard xf map sensor? I've done research and many vehicles are fitted with similar map sensors with identical plugs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no idea, @SPArKy_Dave or @Panko might know, due to some interest in turbo application