Hofiveo

street terra roller rockers

Anyone using the street terra st2003 rollers. Suppose to suit clevo and big block chev. 1.72 ratio and 7/16 stud.

I've read some stuff on people using chev rockers on clevo's and I've read some stuff about clevo roller rockers being specifically for Clevelands. So I'm wondering why yella terra make a one size fits both. Anyone have first hand experience with these.

No but I know that Ford head-hunted some GM engineers around the same time the Clevo and 429/460 were in development. The big-block Chev and both the Fords use the same canted valve arrangement so it makes sense that they should share similar rocker designs.

7/16 stud means your heads need machining on the posts, drill and tap out from std 5/16" to 7/16 and from what I understand, guide plates fitted as the pedestal will no longer have the slot for the self-aligning rocker. This modified arrangement is possibly shared with the Chev setup, hence the same part number.

The ones that differ from the Chev may well be the bolt-on pedestal type that don't require the pedestal to be machined or tapped out. They use the standard 5/16" bolt and a rocker pivot base that goes in the standard pedestal slot. Not sure what arrangement the Chev has but I assume it's different, hence the non-interchange of parts in that instance.

Probably could have explained in less words but ah well you get the drift

Ok, old thread, but has anyone used adjustable YT roller rockers on their Clevo??  I did a bit of research, and found the bolt on adjustables YT6015, that use existing 5/16" studs, no machining required...  anyone got a set fitted? 

roller rockers 001

I had a set on the cuzzo for years, they fit under stock rocker covers, never had a problem with them that was their fault (I had a retainer that the collets started pulling through and damaged one rocker, but you can buy all the pieces individually if you ever need to repair any rockers) and now they are on another members xdf37b2410913afb039f16816e59ce4eb6.jpg

5 hours ago, bear351c said:

Ok, old thread, but has anyone used adjustable YT roller rockers on their Clevo??  I did a bit of research, and found the bolt on adjustables YT6015, that use existing 5/16" studs, no machining required...  anyone got a set fitted? 

roller rockers 001

i have used a few sets but the one your talking about is a adj pushrod end thats hyd set up,not screw in studs .

Yeah ChestnutXE, pic was just for show. I'm chasing a lifter/valvetrain 'tick'.  Debating whether to just use shims, CBF buying new pushrods, or just buy adj rollers.

Shims - $80

Roller - $900

Hmmmm...........

yeah you still have to get your geometry  near perfect even with the bolt on adj,wise to buy at least 050 shorter pushrods cause the adjuster has massive adj on it ,i made a fatal mistake on using too long pushrods and too much preload was on it,and it ate the cam in 7000kms,went 100thou shorter on pushrods and the adjuster did its job getting the right length pushrod.

1 hour ago, gerg said:

900 is a bit steep, I was eyeing them off for 600-odd a while back (VPW)

part number is:
ST2015 adjustable
ST2035 non-adjustable

http://www.vpw.com.au/Category/Index/511516?Brand=Yella Terra

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Yeah, saw them. Not much point buying non adjustable, as that wont change anything. Was being lazy with the rebuild, and didn't check the pushrod lengths etc,  changed to the CC heads, and had a different block, so on, so forth..... 

Yeah ChestnutXE, pic was just for show. I'm chasing a lifter/valvetrain 'tick'.  Debating whether to just use shims, CBF buying new pushrods, or just buy adj rollers.
Shims - $80
Roller - $900
Hmmmm...........
If you have an old pushrod lying around, you can make up a pushrod checker, get the preload right with it, check it with a vernier and order a set of pushrods to suit. You don't need to get specific ones for a clevo, rather you just pick the closest size in a universal fit one that comes in 0.050" increments.

Yeah, saw them. Not much point buying non adjustable, as that wont change anything. Was being lazy with the rebuild, and didn't check the pushrod lengths etc,  changed to the CC heads, and had a different block, so on, so forth..... 
Yeah sorry didn't read your original post

In case you didn't see the link, adjustable are about $580. If you did go down that path, would you be looking to sell on your non-adjustables?

Do Scorpion make bolt on adjustables.? Crane or Harland Sharp?  (5/16" stud)

Yep Scorpion do them, end up being similar price to YT but there are some complaints about geometry ie: they're the same one used on big block chevs, but clevos need to be slightly different in pushrod cup position. Harland Sharp don't seem to do clevos and generally, they seem a bit pricey anyway.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:25 PM, Thom said:

I had a set on the cuzzo for years, they fit under stock rocker covers, never had a problem with them that was their fault (I had a retainer that the collets started pulling through and damaged one rocker, but you can buy all the pieces individually if you ever need to repair any rockers) and now they are on another members xdf37b2410913afb039f16816e59ce4eb6.jpg

Thom, were yours Street Terra.?? 

Scorpion list them as 3224,but can't find any pics....
41243217035_c9d309de51_b.jpg  

Oh shit yeah you're right. I think if you want adjustable Scorpions you rely on poly locks to adjust on the 7/16" stud type, but 5/16" are bolt-down only with selective-fit pushrods to make up the difference. That's where a pushrod checker is handy. Sorry about the bum-steer

On 5/15/2018 at 6:19 PM, gerg said:

If you did go down that path, would you be looking to sell on your non-adjustables?

You want my shitty standard pressed steel non adjustables..?  Thats all i got...... They're rare, you know, hard to find, etc,etc, 

Only done 30,000 ish kays, were brand new FoMoCo rockers, with new fulcrums. 

You want my shitty standard pressed steel non adjustables..?  Thats all i got...... They're rare, you know, hard to find, etc,etc, 
Only done 30,000 ish kays, were brand new FoMoCo rockers, with new fulcrums. 
Oh wow... Are they XW XY XA XB GTHO ESP Mustang Shelby type? I'll pay double then.. Ok triple

11 hours ago, Thom said:
21 hours ago, bear351c said:

Thom, were yours Street Terra.?? 

Yes they are, and they were second hand when I got them 6 years ago

Well........there's a good review.!  You bought them second hand, used them, and now someone else is enjoying them.!  Cant ask for much more than that.

Cheers Mate.