blu xe

Odd miss with au xr8

So today my series 2 xr8 that has run faultlessly for the last 20000km that I've put on it since I bought it at the beginning of this year developed a splutter that came from nowhere. Normal driving just pulled out of a round about then wouldn't rev on light throttle and spluttered and missed until I booted it then ran sweet until you get off it. Then run shit again for a bit and came good. Stopped at the shops for 5 minutes then same thing again. Again sink the boot runs crisp then crap for a bit once you back off. Then all good since for the rest of the arvo's driving. Feels like a fuel issue. Might try get hold of a fuel filter and change it. I've also noticed whilst under light load it sometimes feels like it surges ever so slightly which also leads me to my suspicions of dirty fuel filter.  Anyone else with suggestions i'm all ears so fire away.

That's why I was thinking fuel filter blockage. Came on pretty sudden though not even a cough before it went off song. Played up twice today then went away and was good all the way home. I'd suspect a broken valve spring would run like shit all the time?

Could be the maf, if you unplug it and it starts to run smoothly it's at fault and needs to be replaced, if it's fuel pressure reg related you can unplug the vacuum line to the regulator and see if the idle changes if it doesn't the reg is at fault, to find out if you have a fuel supply issue you can plug a fuel pressure gauge into the fuel rail (just cable tie it to the one of the wipers for a test) and take it for a drive to see if it drops pressure under load to give you an indication of faulty fuel pump/ filter, alternatively if it's started using more fuel as well take it for a spirited drive and when you pull up you may find one of your cats glowing if one of them is starting to fall apart

Its run smoothly the whole time I've had it. Only today it played up. Pretty suddenly went off song then came good after a quick squirt. Went shit again then come good and continued to run good. Under load it pulls like normal it was only at slow speeds around town today where it played up. As soon as you stood on it , it kicked down cleared its throat and went well.

My sister's EF had a similar problem, lots of smoke and running shit until you planted it, then came good. Ended up being the vac hose slipped off the MAP sensor, so it saw zero vac and the computer thought it was under load all the time. Shoved it back on, good as gold. Maybe check that while you're at it.

My sister's EF had a similar problem, lots of smoke and running shit until you planted it, then came good. Ended up being the vac hose slipped off the MAP sensor, so it saw zero vac and the computer thought it was under load all the time. Shoved it back on, good as gold. Maybe check that while you're at it.

5.0 have a maf instead