The new 210 degree 'Trend' 'light poles' arrived. At 3/8" and .080 wall thickness they are not going to bend in a hurry.

110116_006.jpg

Even with the 210 degree they were still a bit close for comfort. Only .004" clearance on the inlets, exhausts were perfect. I gave the back of the rockers a little bit of love on the die grinder to get .020 clearance.

110116_008.jpg

So with that sorted and the rockers all set up and adjusted it was time to start on the front of the motor. A bucket load of modification to go on here.

110116_010.jpg

Getting there. Need the balancer and spigot (yes still waiting) back and installed so that I can finish the crank trigger. Going to have a bit of a spell on THOR as I have some paying work that needs attending to.

Cheers team. Progress is going to slow a bit as I really need to get the engine bay of the shop ute sorted so that I can get the Mad Scientist Crossflow in there. That and some paying jobs. Damn need more time. Never mind. I'm not going to rush it. Too much at stake.

Cheers mate. The MSC in the shop ute will be wild enough for me, especially when the blower goes on. I don't think I'd be able to help myself with THOR in there. I really do need my licence.

I finished an oil pump today that didn't want to play nice and actually got a few minutes on the bay. That battery explosion area you saw the other day is not that pretty. I took battery tray off and lotsa nasty under there. I'll hook in tomorrow. Might even get paint on it by Friday.

Insane build mate have been following! I don't think I saw it, what box, diff and tyres you planning on running?<br /><br />Loving the updates <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old c4 from the skid pig but it will cop a full manual valve body. Wassy's old 4500 converter, hilux diff with 4.33 gears cause I want to run a 275/60/15 ET street. The corty has 80's flared guards and I will tub it to the rails as the hilux diff is shorter. With careful attention to offset and a little bit of a massage to the back of the sill they should fit.

That sounds the goods mate that a taller tyre than what mossy runs? The N/A crossy games about to get a shake up! Hilux diffs are similar in weight to 9"? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a fraction higher than Ken runs. Same width. Hilux diffs are heavy if left as drum brake. I'll be running r31 skyline disc brakes and ed rotors. Bit of an odd combo but I found a bloke that sells the cad cut plates for cheaper than I can make them.

Not real sure about the shake up thing. I'm just following a plan that I believe will work. Ken is damn quick and has been racing for a very long time. If I'm half as fast as he is, I'll be pretty happy.

Small update team;

image.jpg

image.jpg

Crank trigger wheel spigot made and vac pump mandrel machined to accept it as well. This little job has been sitting over at a mate's lathe for a long time. He owns a small business as well and was having trouble finding the time to machine it up for me. Took it to the Kiwi bloke that did a heap of machining for the VTEC mini and bam done in 2 days and an awesome job.

It is important that the trigger wheel runs true to the balancer. You can get it close with just the bolts but MSD actually recommend a spigot to locate it. There is a couple of ways to do it but this is the way I went with.

Just a small update but having this part will allow me to continue on and finish THOR. Not having it done was really holding things up. Time to fit it and make some really cool brackets and other custom stuff. Another step closer.

Thats just for the trigger wheel. The crank snout is the same size between models.So you can put a xflow balancer on or a e series unit on or in this case a SBC balancer as above.  

Chevy parts on Ford. Blasphemy!!!!

Does the sbc balancer fit without modification?

This thing is awesome. Regretting that I sold all my crossflow goodies years ago.

Top work.

The Chev balancer fit's with 3th interference from memory.So it would help absorb harmonics due to fitment alone,but you do have to balance em to the assembly still to get best results.

Chev in a Ford...well in mine I use,BBC Trend pushrods SBC Scat conrods Yamaha Wiseco pistons BBF Comp Cams lifters and roller rockers with a EF crank.Then the head has Holden Pep Pro inlet valves and Windsor Ferrera exhaust valves with commodore seals. That leaves a xflow block and cyl head and 1 water neck and a modded TFI dizzy.The rest is other makes or custom so there not much xflow anymore are they LOL 

The Chev balancer fit's with 3th interference from memory.So it would help absorb harmonics due to fitment alone,but you do have to balance em to the assembly still to get best results.

Chev in a Ford...well in mine I use,BBC Trend pushrods SBC Scat conrods Yamaha Wiseco pistons BBF Comp Cams lifters and roller rockers with a EF crank.Then the head has Holden Pep Pro inlet valves and Windsor Ferrera exhaust valves with commodore seals. That leaves a xflow block and cyl head and 1 water neck and a modded TFI dizzy.The rest is other makes or custom so there not much xflow anymore are they LOL

Don't tell the opposition any of that after you kick their ass in a crossy though, a bad sportsman will use anything as an excuse!!