He did it again today, twice, one in each lane back to back. Man that thing had some velocity.

Yeah mate. I'm keen to get back into the scene again. Had family stuff on Saturday and work on Friday so I missed most of the action. Was still good. I so want to get this corty out there. There was nothing like it up there. watching the few sixes that were there skidding was painful. Old faithful would have cleaned them up.

Never mind. I'll clear the decks and get stuck into it shortly. I'll be there next year for sure, for all 3 days.

Yeah not sure I'd be game to ride shotgun during a power skid. LOL. In saying that GM's the best in the business and you'd be in good hands. He did say himself before hand on Saturday's run its the hardest thing to do as it can go bad in a second. I'll keep that in mind Rob if he's up this way again be cool to have a yarn and maybe a ride even if it was just a cruise lap.

Not much happening in here. Too busy working on 'OPS'! Other people shit. I like that, old panel beater dropped in the other day and told me that one. OPS. love it.

Anyway, a few more bits and pieces have arrived.

image.jpg

Davies Craig EWP 130 kit. Alloy electric water pump with fan and water pump controller. Not expecting much load for this in the drag application. Methanol should look after that. Might get a work out if I end up skidding it.

image.jpg

Was looking at making a timing pointer to suit the ATI balancer but this chev unit came up on eBay for half price $36 delivered, so I hit buy it now. Way cheaper and easier than making one. I'll cut and shut it and weld in onto the x flow timing cover. Should look alright.

I've ordered the coils and they are on their way from the US. Just need a few more play $$$ so I can order the injectors and pumps.

With the electric pump you might find you car wont come up to op temp. Because the pump goes at low speed at first, and because it flushes water too quickly it dose not detect a increase in water temp within it's predefined time period (Because there is loads of cold water comming in from the radiator), so it goes into fail safe and starts pumping at max chickens and turns the thermos on. Then the engine can never heat up.

You might find you need to still run a "Cold" thermostat (even though the instructions say you don't need it.) Drill a few small 1.5-2mm holes in the thermostat casing to allow water to flow when the thermostat is closed, this will slow the flow down enough that the EWP computer can detect the engine coolant temp changing, Then by the time the eng warms the the thermostat opens and the EWP computer takes over.

Been running mine like this for a few years now, No issues.

I think Rob runs without a thermostat? Not sure if he needed to do anything to get it balanced and working correctly.

Think I spoke to Ando about this and I would still not use a thermostat for such limited use. Ando can warm the car on stands in gear as oil temp is more critical than coolant temp in this application. I don't rev mine hard till it has 80 degrees of oil temp but if I do drive the ute on the street after a few mins of steady 50kph stuff its at temp like a normal car. Thanks in part to the grouted block.

True, I am burning a lot less fuel (lot less power) and it's efi and road tuned for efficiency ;) so I'm going to produce less heat all up. Meth will be another factor.

Probably start without the stat and see how it goes.

You will heat up faster than us but over all create less heat build. In my case I use it to cool the engine on shut down so it doesn't heat soak and be hot next time I start it. Draining on battery life but my car like Ando's is far from a daily so not a issue I'd suggest.

When my ute was a daily with the EWP I did have to set it hotter though like you suggest to help get temp into the old engine.New 1 with 12.1 comp and grout doe's that by it's self now days LOL. 

Cheers for the info men. TBH I haven't even read the instructions yet. I'm looking very seriously at some engine oil pre heaters. They have a prob that goes into the sump. Most are 110w (yanky) so I would need to take a generator to the track. I have a transformer already to suit 240 to 110v. No biggy as I will be camping up there most times we go racing. Also looking at some 12 volt oil pre heaters that you attach to the sump.

Beauty of meth is really cool running so I'm keen on getting oil temp up, without having to run the engine for too long. Benefit of meth efi is, once I get a bit of oil temp from the pre heater I can fire her up on the stands to get a bit of diff and trans temp with a really lean mixture (on no load idle) to bring temp up that quicker.

I only see this being an issue on initial fire up at the track. After that oil temp should stay up. I've always liked running thermostates so I'll probably run with crazy' suggestion initially.

You are an electrical genius. Just hit buy it now. Reckon I'll pull the cover off the end of the element and hopefully it will just be 2 parallel stainless probes, each connected to a wire. Drill 2 holes into an npt fitting, silver solder them in. Tap that into the sump. Job done. Well for $3.50 what could go wrong.

Yep, just remember to check that the wires are not grounded to the outside of the element. If they are you will need to insulate one side, could use something like kneedit. The other side can just be grounded to the sump. Will draw around 10amps if the eBay add is accurate so use a single wire through a fuse and a switch to a 12v supply. Make sure it's 16awg or bigger (12-14 Awg wire best) and use a 15a fuse and a minimum 15a switch. No need for a relay.

Forgot to add that these babies arrived from Summit. Their website said the electrical connectors weren't included but they were. Winning.

image.jpg

I've worked out how I'm going to fit them to the rocker cover. Just need to find some time to get back into THOR.

Apologies for the lack of updates in here. I'm flat out at work and keeping the business page running so I don't get as much time as I'd like. Rainy crappy day here today so time for an update.

image.jpg

As you can see if found a spot to mount the coils.

Saved enough in the fun fund account to buy the injectors, fuel pumps and TPS to suit the jenvey's

image.jpg

Started mocking up the fuel rail. I got some weld in injector bungs from PROFLOW that suit the injectors very well. Found a local expert TIG welder to weld them into the rail. Just need to get my act together and drill the rail etc etc.

image.jpg

And lastly. Got my self some plates. Decided to call the car THOR now. This is the closest the corty will ever go to having rego.

image.jpg

Lots of stuff still to do on the engine. Time is the killer at the moment. But rest assured I'm super keen to get this thing into the corty and running. I've been doing a heap of research on chassis and suspension set up for it. The corty is now in at work and on the roll around chassis table.

I took it into work to motivate me. It's there just annoying me but gives me focus to get my customer stuff done so I can finish it.