Don't tell the opposition any of that after you kick their ass in a crossy though, a bad sportsman will use anything as an excuse!!

As long as it hasn't touched a Chev before, it's fine. Some MSD dizzys use GM HEI caps (like mine) but as long as it has an MSD logo on it and not Chev, it's safe from the pox.... Lol

Bahahahahahahaha...piss funny guys :)

Start a competition on guessing the HP OR KW of this engine,i reckon 280 REAR WHEEL KW

As proved by sly at summernats dyno comp, drag cars dont make good dyno cars due to their setup. Luckily this engine is being put on an engine dyno so it will be accurate flywheel horsepower.

So my prediction for the flywheel hp is farkkk meeee!!!!!@ stupid rpm and it will make exactly a fuckload ft lb of torque. And yes I stand by my predictions and I will even lay money on the line Im that confident in my predictions

Start a competition on guessing the HP OR KW of this engine,i reckon 280 REAR WHEEL KW

Thats 400hp engine with a manual, this car will not be a manual and will not make 400hp, horsepower don't grow on trees

On an engine dyno i'm putting my dollars on about 365 hp and if he goes 50mm Webers then 385hp@6300 RPM 

Dont' compare the Summernats cars, those two cars are completely different, put the Hemi in the XF with a 5.000 stall and it will rip 11.2's every day of the week, the Hemi is a street car with a street converter and about 250KG of baggage. The Dyno don't lie, 285 RHWP on a 2500 pound car is 12.somethign 1/4 simple math really that's all the car makes, if he makes more power then take away some of the weight, there is not much left in that ute in the form of weight reduction so my guess is with driver he is sitting at about 1180kg

Thats 400hp engine with a manual, this car will not be a manual and will not make 400hp, horsepower don't grow on trees

On an engine dyno i'm putting my dollars on about 365 hp and if he goes 50mm Webers then 385hp@6300 RPM 

Dont' compare the Summernats cars, those two cars are completely different, put the Hemi in the XF with a 5.000 stall and it will rip 11.2's every day of the week, the Hemi is a street car with a street converter and about 250KG of baggage. The Dyno don't lie, 285 RHWP on a 2500 pound car is 12.somethign 1/4 simple math really that's all the car makes, if he makes more power then take away some of the weight, there is not much left in that ute in the form of weight reduction so my guess is with driver he is sitting at about 1180kg

Post cleaned...please nothing personal.

Mossys made over 400 and Wazzy's did 420plus on a flat tappet so Ando to reach 400 plus is very doable.

The Hemi you talk of is owned by Tony Spasenoski and is a Orange Charger. Real nice guy and helpful and interested in how we make our xflows go so fast. His car has run a best of 13.2 thru the manual that is in it and was in it for Summernats as he prefers to pull gears so no street convertor in that car. His car is @ 1360kg too which surprised me as well but is backed via research.

As for my ute...while yes weight was removed weight has been added in other areas too so assumptions are just that assumptions. As it runs big MPH for the et it shows if anything it is heavy not lite.My Et shows it should make 360odd @ the crank yet the mph says 392hp which is not far off Wazzy's 117 mph which made a solid 420HP plus @ the crank.

But again information to the thread and topic please guys.

far out 

285rwhp in 2500lbs would run low 11's

There is no way robs ute is 1180kg that lighter then both mine and kens cortina"s

crank trigger looks cool ando  so this is going in that corty?. ivan and I played with a crank trigger on my blown engine with 6 coil packs in 2004 I think, I never nutted it out as I wanted it and when that engine rolled good numbers without it on a stock dissy locked up with a MSD I binned the idea. a mate wanted it and he was more electronicley  minded then I was back then.

I read that summer nats stuff and how that hemi did 13.2 with no mph but the power it had was 50ish hp less the my towtoy makes and its even slower, its car setup if it will not move it will not mph and will not cut a number you don't have to add up to know that

The dyno comps ron and i did when I used to waste money shown me you can do a lot to power by gearing and setup, my car did no mph as ron had it, but with a much fatter tune that car picked up 7mph power level it makes does not always mean its working  

I should pull my crossy out and try some of these ideas out as they where not around in the early 2000s no one even knew what caused the dissy to flog out or why they shake themselves to bits at revs but its common knowledge nowadays. I just boost stuff now :D no revs and decent power and much more torque. wish id done a full tune with triples with ron he would have done ok out of that thing

but hell with that boost everything :D I can see it now thor now boosted HAHA

Gee. I've been bush for four days with no phone or internuts. It's been busy in here.

The target for this engine is well over 400hp at the crank. I honestly believe that this is attainable based on the flow figures, cam and compression. I'm pretty much all over theoretical HP calculations and all the stuff you read. THOR is right on the optimum numbers that all my mentors talked about. These are men that have built way more engines than I and who live, eat and breath engines.

Old faithful has way less cylinder head, camshaft and comp and pumps 260@the tyres thru a 3500 stall. At the end of the day it will make what it makes.

Yes Dave - this is going in the corty drag car. It will be a stripped out, dedicated drag car. I make no apologies for running it in such a car. It's what I want to do and to me a light corty makes a lot of sense.

This is going in the corty drag car. It will be a stripped out, dedicated drag car. I make no apologies for running it in such a car. It's what I want to do and to me a light corty makes a lot of sense.

^^ I like this bit.... if i was to get into racing, i wouldn't bother building a heavy car, little Corty's are just cool!!

When they built the 250 Corty and a 253 Torana back in the day, i have always wished they came out with a 302 from factory directly aimed at killing the 308 Toranas at Bathurst, ohh how i wish!! The little beasties would be seen in a completely different light and would probably be appreciated alot more than they are.

Dave would probably be a millionaire too. lol.

After THOR hits the engine dyno I reckon I'll get a big burst of enthusiasm and start on the body work/rust.

I really have to finish the shop ute and get the mad scientist crossflow into it and start logging some dyno runs on it. Paying work is also a little bit nuts atm. I'm building a tough street strip crossy, an meth LS1 and a 403 Oldsmobile toughy and I have to squeeze in a trip to Brissy to do the start up and tune on wagoon's roller cam crossy.

In all honesty if I'm racing this time next year, I'd be stoked.

Yes Dave - this is going in the corty drag car. It will be a stripped out, dedicated drag car. I make no apologies for running it in such a car. It's what I want to do and to me a light corty makes a lot of sense.

Dont apologise go cortys :D

Do you even need to strip one out, my orange ones just under 1100kg as a 6cyl they weight nothing

350 at the feet in one at 2700 pounds will go 10s, ill be here soon :D not telling whats sitting in my shed till its in the car and making 400rwhp more on this when ive done it :)

^^ I like this bit.... if i was to get into racing, i wouldn't bother building a heavy car, little Corty's are just cool!!

When they built the 250 Corty and a 253 Torana back in the day, i have always wished they came out with a 302 from factory directly aimed at killing the 308 Toranas at Bathurst, ohh how i wish!! The little beasties would be seen in a completely different light and would probably be appreciated alot more than they are.

Dave would probably be a millionaire too. lol.

When will work start on the Corty Ando?

if they made a v8 corty there wound be a  lot of dead people i think, there stupid to drive the grey car runs flat 12s at 116 as a full street rig on street tyres full exhausts and thats a 2k hydraulic clevo and a 2400 converotr and 3.5 gears, a ok solid engine and a 5k convertor and 4.11s would see easy 10s, crap id be there if that car was not just sitting under a cover while i make boosty noises HAHA

im not a millionair but if cortys are ever worth over the 10k mark i have a full on nest egg going :) ill own all the cortys in vic in the next 10 years at the rate im going :D

Don't have much choice Dave. The interior of the corty was all but gone when I got it. I think they had visions of running it in speedway, although it had previously been a drag car that ran at Townsville. It came with a corty seat and dash pad with glove box and that's about it. It had an xle consul in the boot tho.

I'll run some alloy thru the bead roller for front door trims and the back doors will probably go without, depending on my mood. By reading the current Andra rules I only have to be able to open the front doors from the inside and out so that's what I'll do. The doors I got off Ken will donate the mechanisms. Rears will be only open from outside.

lotsa work to do before then but.

Getting a bit more done - yep and its all hand made custom stuff.

300116_026.jpg

Those that have been reading my oil pump rants over the last couple of years will know what is going on here. More than just a billet base plate....

300116_037.jpg

Dummied up the girdle/windage tray, oil pump and standard pickup. I had to modify the girdle very slightly to suit the corty pick up tube. I will be making a custom pick up and tube in the near future. Note how, with the girdle/tray, the crank can not see the pickup - Perfect.

300116_040.jpg

300116_039.jpg

Started on the sump. Going about this a little bit different to the way I usually make sumps. This one is getting 3mm plate rails and will have a real tough box look to it. Similar to a modern Miloden sumps. Good news is that I will not have to lift the engine very much at all to clear the girdle.

Hoping to get a bit more time on THOR this coming week. I want to finalise the crank trigger set up and get the balancer fitted. That and some more sump and pump work.

Some interesting stuff happening on the THOR front. A BIG change in direction. Should have some really interesting stuff to show by mid next week.

Can anyone guess what the change is? Wagoon and Slydog your excluded from the guessing game.

Some interesting stuff happening on the THOR front. A BIG change in direction. Should have some really interesting stuff to show by mid next week.

Can anyone guess what the change is? Wagoon and Slydog your excluded from the guessing game.

efi

A LS ???

After a big chat with Mick at Northside carbs and weighing up the cost benefit of webers over efi I decided to go efi.

I can tune it without expensive jets

I have the ecu and loom already

I have the swirl pot already

It will have a big crack to it

I might lose some HP up top but I'll get more mid torque

I can sell my webers to recoup the spend

I can confidently hit my intended HP target

All good things

After a big chat with Mick at Northside carbs and weighing up the cost benefit of webers over efi I decided to go efi.

I can tune it without expensive jets

I have the ecu and loom already

I have the swirl pot already

It will have a big crack to it

I might lose some HP up top but I'll get more mid torque

I can sell my webers to recoup the spend

I can confidently hit my intended HP target

All good things

And leaves room for a BIG windmill when shit gets boring :D