CHESTNUTXE

PILLOW BLOCK 357 C.I. CLEVELAND

Yeah, there's quite a few different ways to put them in, just make sure you can get that R/H extractor on before disconnecting the crane and fitting everything. I made that mistake too many times not to suggest it to others, that and stuffing the auto pump from not fitting the convertor properly, i think everyone's done that, a mistake i'll never make again!! lol

Gotta love a clevo out the extractors!!

My crane's same as yours, doesn't fit under the lower control arms. I have to jack the car up by the control arms to get the bloody thing under, or to get it out once the engine's in. Just something to look out for if you haven't used that engine crane before, a quick couple of measurements now might save alot of time and effort when you go to put it in... or you can just jump down the drain again! lol.

what is the mistake with the converter ?

Not going on properly although it feels like it has. It goes on the shaft in 3 stages, alot of the time they have only gone on 2 stages and people bolt them up like that which stuffs the pump.

With the convertor bolts lined up with the holes in the flex plate the motor and box should mate together perfectly and freely, and the convertor studs should move freely inside the flex plate holes. Never use the bellhousing bolts to pull the engine and box together!

i put my converter on and yes it would only go on 2 stages and not 3 like in some u tube videos i watched,i turned it many many more times but only got 2 locking noises out of it.

To be sure, a quick check is to undo the convertor nuts and see if you can easily move the convertor by one of the studs. It should be able to move (wiggle) as much as the hole will let it.

It might've already done the damage but you might be able to save it by checking it and fixing it before you start it.

Haha, yeah but it's a 10 minute check that will save a couple of hours and a couple of hundred $$. Up to you bud, if you're confident you got it right it should be ok. I was pissed right off when i done it so thought i'd share the info anywho. Cheers.

I had an FMX then went to a C10. I think it might've been when we first put the C10 in come to think of it. (It was over 10 years ago now since i went to the C10.) I guess FMX's are the same, unless the pump's in a different place or something, i don't know to be honest. If not atleast you know now for when you do go to a C4/C10.

I started to pull the 4.1 out today,just taking my time biggest snag was undoing the air con lines at the tx valve on the firewall,but i got em undone in the end,by the end of the day i had most of the front stuff off and tomorrow will take the exhaust off and hook the crane up and undo the tailshaft ect then lift the fooker out.WP_20160325_12_14_50_Pro_zpsvblvtanz.jpg

ok i did a fair bit today,firstly taking the old exhaust off,putting the new v8 mounting plates in,stripping the old wire loom to redirect the dizzy and temp wires,degreased the engine bay again ,and robbed many bits and pieces off the crossy to go onto the clevo,eg.. coil bracket,loom clips.ect ect,might even place the clevo in there tomorrow.WP_20160327_13_53_52_Pro_zpsvcwogocf.jpg

Hey guys the dizzy was going in fine ,then i had to take it out,now there seems to be something with a rubber end stopping the dizzy from going down and slotting in the oil pump drive ? wtf is it ,some type of seal it wasnt doing this before,i tryed to poke it back up but nope that dont work ,please help,and the motor is in the car today.WP_20160402_15_59_50_Pro_zps2s7vwknt.jpg

Hey guys the dizzy was going in fine ,then i had to take it out,now there seems to be something with a rubber end stopping the dizzy from going down and slotting in the oil pump drive ? wtf is it ,some type of seal it wasnt doing this before,i tryed to poke it back up but nope that dont work ,please help,and the motor is in the car today.

Never seen that shit before... Weird!