CHESTNUTXE

PILLOW BLOCK 357 C.I. CLEVELAND

there very light a full striped XD shell would still be well past 1300kg my ghia i thinks past 1800kg people tell me there not that heavy but ive weighed a few now and never seen a complete xcar inder 1450 kg and that was a 200 3 speeder car with nothing not even a radio

My XF ute is 1450, empty tray, half a tank of fuel and everything else as factory.

Spot on mate.

I used to have an FMX in the XD, went to a C10 and the difference in weight was a fair bit, especially when you're doing the swap by yourself, and doing it in gravel. lol.

I have recently removed the BW diff and swapped for a 9", we grabbed a bag trolley gor the 9", fk they're heavy in comparison!!

YUP i have a fmx here and man are they heavy,iron casting,but the fmx is a good box,im putting it behind the pillow-block ,im dropping it down at the trans place soon to get it checked over before i mate it up,the fmx also has a 31 spline yoke compared to the c4 which has the smaller one.

I put mine in with the R/H extractor fitted. Once the engine's in i can't get the extractor in from the top and can only get it in from the bottom if i remove the steering box. Much easier to get to the bolts on that extractor when it's out anyway so win/win. From memory when i had the fmx in i had to have atleast one extractor off to get it in or out because it wouldn't fit between them. Mine had a 2200rpm convertor which was a standard convertor modified with the fins on a different angle, i don't remember who it was through but was an exchange job for $400.

Edit* Mine are 4 into 1 'Perry' extractors.

I just lay the extractors in the bottom of the engine bay ,then bolt em up as im about to tighten everything up,yeah its hard if you dont have a hoist when fitting the extractors,i once put the car over a drain ,opened up the grate ,jumped down the hole to fit em up lol.

Hahaha funny as fk, would've loved to have seen that!!

Heaps easier to bolt them on first, well, the r/h one anyway. L/h shit easy.

But then again i don't put the g'box on first either, i put it in from underneath once the engines in, not that it makes much difference either way, you just don't have to angle the engine back so far when putting it in. Biggest hurdle is getting my big ass engine crane to fit under the car! (Same as yours by the looks)

well i hope it fits,a few guys are gunna come around and lower the ass end in with a rope or something while im on the crane,then once its all in i can start putting the acc back on,my fully re-co 750 vac should turn up tomorrow,then i dont really need much more just a bit of wiring up and fuel,the rest is just taking time so its looks as factory as possible,another member gave me a xe v8 fuel line that comes out near the pump,so in the next few weeks i will turn the key and run errr in with just the extractors.