CHESTNUTXE

PILLOW BLOCK 357 C.I. CLEVELAND

yeah base models with no air con or steer,the xe was a tad lighter than the xd,it had a plastic fuel tank instead of the metal one ect....

Yeah that's my car. No A/C manual steer and manual box. The leaf springs would add a bit of weight over the xe's watts link as well. All the small amounts add up pretty quick.

yep thats where dick johnson spotted an error in the cams weigh in for the xd- xe ,it was based on a 3 speed manual ,no air or steer,1320kg,but the 5.8 weighed heaps more,thats why true blue had such a power to weight ratio,with that 351c barking 400 odd hp in a lightn'd car.

He had to walk a shell down the production line and tell the workers to leave heaps of bits off to get the weight down to homologation. Still had to use the iron manifold and heads though lol... But that's a different story.

yeah base models with no air con or steer,the xe was a tad lighter than the xd,it had a plastic fuel tank instead of the metal one ect....

The XD was the first to have the plastic fuel tank, it was also the first production vehicle in the world to run a plastic tank.

i just did some research on this subject and it seems some others think there was some steel tanks in xd sedans as well ? the reason i always thought this is because i have seen many !Im sure my mate who has a mint GL up the road has a steel tank in his ,i will go and check it out.

i just did some research on this subject and it seems some others think there was some steel tanks in xd sedans as well ? the reason i always thought this is because i have seen many !Im sure my mate who has a mint GL up the road has a steel tank in his ,i will go and check it out.

The XC was the last sedan, as one of the design break throughs for the XD sedan was the plastic fuel tank, the new bumpers, lighter weight panels all for weight reduction over the XC in order for it to compete with the lighter commodore, and also they could carry over the existing engines from the XC and gain better performance due to the weight reduction.

My XD is a GL and a 1979 model, and has the factory plastic tank.

OK , well maybe it was a option for fords buyer's  maybe not to keen on the idea about a plastic tank,because my mates one has the spare wheel in the middle of the boot in the metal ?

The boot floor has the tyre well, and the plastic tank underneath wraps around it, it's an odd shaped tank.

If it has a steel tank it won't be factory, not in a sedan anyway.

cause i have always chucked the crossy in the bin to fit the clevo in my cars over the years but i find it interesting that so many different heads and cc sizes and combo's on the crossy,im bored with clevo's ive had heaps of em over the last 20 years,im gunna build the crossy out of the xe and put it into a drag car only,thats why im interested,i have to spend $20,000 on a clevo to be competitive ,but with the crossy i can save thousands and clown around with it,to me its just something to keep occupied in the garage,and now there is quite a bit of stuff to bolt on these motors now so im learning as much as possible.

How fast are we talking for 20k? id want a mid 9second car for that coin and it want it streetable

IVE just always been a falcon person,but i do like cortys but its hard to find a decent one at the right money a te or tf i would choose,but its more just about having fun ,plus i no xe's very well,i have read somewhere on here that the corty is only 100kg lighter than a basic falcon is this true ?

Look a bit harder there sitll around. i bought adecent TC XLE 3 weeks ago for $1500 gramps was $1500 as well both need some love but no real rust mint trims and under 150.000km my grey one was $500 it had like 90.000km on it and looked like it had never been sat in did have a damaged front guard but

its a bit more then 100kg its more like 400 my utes almost 1700 with a clevo manual borgy diff. my brown V8 corty is 1220kg clevo c4 borgy and has everything in it spare jack big arse truck battery even a radio :)

the grey one is 1254 with a 351 c4 9inch and a big tailshaft fuel system guages big twin exhaust it all adds up but its a complete car with everything still in it there TDs, TEs and TFs are much heaver at about 1150kg 1200 range

a stock tc 6cyl manual car is bang on 1050kg but i will say when i weighed it it was with no battery or spare wheel

there very light a full striped XD shell would still be well past 1300kg my ghia i thinks past 1800kg people tell me there not that heavy but ive weighed a few now and never seen a complete xcar inder 1450 kg and that was a 200 3 speeder car with nothing not even a radio

Dunno about the weight honestly, i've just heard a few people say they have been a second(ish) quicker swapping

the same engine into a Cortina. Pro-250's the Corty man, he's got millions of them, he might be able to tell you. (He's got a V8 Corty too)

Millions thats a little far fetched, but ill run with that :D

IVE just always been a falcon person,but i do like cortys but its hard to find a decent one at the right money a te or tf i would choose,but its more just about having fun ,plus i no xe's very well,i have read somewhere on here that the corty is only 100kg lighter than a basic falcon is this true ?

Look a bit harder there sitll around. i bought adecent TC XLE 3 weeks ago for $1500 gramps was $1500 as well both need some love but no real rust mint trims and under 150.000km my grey one was $500 it had like 90.000km on it and looked like it had never been sat in did have a damaged front guard but

its a bit more then 100kg its more like 400 my utes almost 1700 with a clevo manual borgy diff. my brown V8 corty is 1220kg clevo c4 borgy and has everything in it spare jack big arse truck battery even a radio :)

the grey one is 1254 with a 351 c4 9inch and a big tailshaft fuel system guages big twin exhaust it all adds up but its a complete car with everything still in it there TDs, TEs and TFs are much heaver at about 1150kg 1200 range

a stock tc 6cyl manual car is bang on 1050kg but i will say when i weighed it it was with no battery or spare wheel

there very light a full striped XD shell would still be well past 1300kg my ghia i thinks past 1800kg people tell me there not that heavy but ive weighed a few now and never seen a complete xcar inder 1450 kg and that was a 200 3 speeder car with nothing not even a radio

My XD with the alloy headed 302w was weighed on certified scales at 1330kg.

Didn't have carpet or spare wheel in it.

My XD with the alloy headed 302w was weighed on certified scales at 1330kg.

Alloy headed windsor would be close to a crossy in weight... Another plus for the baby v8