CHESTNUTXE

PILLOW BLOCK 357 C.I. CLEVELAND

Looks nice. I like to discard the standard Mellings oil pump base plate and replace it with the ribbed factory base plate. Reason - those Mellings base plates are too thin and can bow under the load of the pump. Coming along nice tho.

just about finished ,its a real challenge when you start with just a block and have to buy every nut and bolt and the correct brackets and air-con bits,but its almost ready for fittment just need a carby ,still deciding what to run ,more than likely just a 600 vac ,because i just cruise in this car ,its to good to thrash,it has air and steer.WP_20151220_11_07_37_Pro_zpsz34xyqho.jpg

Nice manifold... Quite rare actually. Good you can run a square holley without pissing around with adaptors, etc. This engine should be really, really good for torque.

cause i have always chucked the crossy in the bin to fit the clevo in my cars over the years but i find it interesting that so many different heads and cc sizes and combo's on the crossy,im bored with clevo's ive had heaps of em over the last 20 years,im gunna build the crossy out of the xe and put it into a drag car only,thats why im interested,i have to spend $20,000 on a clevo to be competitive ,but with the crossy i can save thousands and clown around with it,to me its just something to keep occupied in the garage,and now there is quite a bit of stuff to bolt on these motors now so im learning as much as possible.

Looks nice that engine, i like. If you're gonna build a tuff crossy purely for racing why would you want it in a big Falcon?

Just seems more logical to put it in something like a Cortina and knock a full second off your times instantly....

Not being a smart ass or anything just curious.

IVE just always been a falcon person,but i do like cortys but its hard to find a decent one at the right money a te or tf i would choose,but its more just about having fun ,plus i no xe's very well,i have read somewhere on here that the corty is only 100kg lighter than a basic falcon is this true ?

Dunno about the weight honestly, i've just heard a few people say they have been a second(ish) quicker swapping

the same engine into a Cortina. Pro-250's the Corty man, he's got millions of them, he might be able to tell you. (He's got a V8 Corty too)

If I remember correctly the owner manual for my xe was around 1330kg's for a base model xe with a 6, and I know Jason (TF250) scaled his TF cortina and it was something like 1210kgs.