Nath-25

NSW Historic Rego

13 posts in this topic

Thinking about putting the D on historic rego instead of just letting the full rego expire - any recommendations as to which car club to join?

Also what are the rules regarding putting it back on full rego and blue slips etc?

Not sure what the rules are regarding how much you can drive it but seeing as I'm gonna be away for half a year and stripping it for another 6 months (probably...) I doubt I'll be driving it much.

Do I just go down to the RMS and fill out a bunch of paperwork?

There is a bit more to it than that mate.

You need to join a car club that is on the historic vehicle register. You are required to be a financial member. I believe the NSW Ford FTF club of NSW just become listed as a historic rego club & are also doing the log book trail.

You need to cancel your current rego & surrender the plates. You will need to get a pink slip & a historic declaration signed off by a club signitory after they are satisfied the car fits the criteria. You take all that to the RMS & they will issue you a pink set of conditional rego papers, a certificate of operations & if applicable a logbook with 60 entry's in it.

The green slip is inclusive of the rego at the RMS & they will issue you a set of NSW historic rego plates.

To get it back onto full rego, you need to notify the club & surender the H plates back to RMS. After that it's a matter of getting a blue slip & it's a whole new full regerstation process.

Mixalis and gerg like this

Over here you can have " period modifications " or safety upgrades. These are usually at clubs discretion & I have seen cars that are somewhat taking the piss so to speak.

NSW have released a modified vehicle plate for " street machines ". I don't have complete details, but I believe it's a 60 day logbook only & it will be a similar green type plate that is usually found on agracultural equipment that needs access to the road.

How often you can drive them is also club dicrestion, but also comman sense. The the government coffers work out that everyone is just after cheap rego & are driving these cars all the time, they will can the H plate scheme.

Nath I think the coil overs would disqualify your car from getting H plates, but all you can do is ask the club.

Mixalis likes this

i am in car club . Yeah there is a lot of old  timer club Nazi's

"I've been in this club before power was invented".

There's also a bit car snobbery by the guys with the pre war stuff.

"Xe falcon that's still my daily" and shit like that.

Its give me what I want, but with so many different models there no common theme.

Wasn't there chat on here about getting something off the ground?

Maybe try and find a club targeted more at racing but is still on the list. Near me there is a holden club that runs motorkhana's more than put on show and dribble sorry shine, they are happy to take any make of car and even allow home made stuff for the motorkhana's.

Wagoon is correct. There is no rule that says you must be in a club as the same make as the club supports. I am in a similar situation. I pay my fees & they take my money.

It's a great way to avoid club politics.

Nath-25 and XPT like this

Legend, thanks Stu.

Well if that's the case I might not bother then... I was hoping to avoid having to blue slip it later on (don't want to hear the old "x needs an engineering certificate" for the coilies or something stupid like that). But if that's not possible then I might hold off - not driving it for at least 6 months anyway. Might do it when I finally finish it though.

The NSW Modified club rego scheme hasn't been released yet, though it's not far off.

From the reports I have, if the car needs an engineers report for full rego, it will also need it for the Club rego scheme.

Another point, not all car clubs are full of old know it all wankers. Search around, there will be a club that suits you.

The NSW Modified club rego scheme hasn't been released yet, though it's not far off.

From the reports I have, if the car needs an engineers report for full rego, it will also need it for the Club rego scheme.

Another point, not all car clubs are full of old know it all wankers. Search around, there will be a club that suits you.

That is correct about the engineer certificate, the signitory of the club I am in dropped in & was saying that the ink is all but dry on the modified club rego.

They did a similar thing for NSW street rod rego, which is old school hot rods on late model chassis. It was a win all around, it saved a lot of old cars getting " hot rodded " & allowed the owner/builder to start with a completely boxed chassis that would handle the power of what was being fitted. So a safer, stronger better handling setup.

On 20/12/2015 at 3:07 PM, Stu5766 said:

That is correct about the engineer certificate, the signitory of the club I am in dropped in & was saying that the ink is all but dry on the modified club rego.

They did a similar thing for NSW street rod rego, which is old school hot rods on late model chassis. It was a win all around, it saved a lot of old cars getting " hot rodded " & allowed the owner/builder to start with a completely boxed chassis that would handle the power of what was being fitted. So a safer, stronger better handling setup.

What club are you with?

im considering going a club for modified rego. I only drive my car once every other Saturday, so 60 is plenty.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:48 AM, Ivanflo said:

What club are you with?

im considering going a club for modified rego. I only drive my car once every other Saturday, so 60 is plenty.

@Ivanflo, speak to @Crazy2287 about NSW Historic Rego.

He's heading up the OzFalcon Historic Rego accreditation, with NSW RMS.

If you were in Victoria, I'd say come see me,

I head up that side of things, in Vic.