2redrovers

My cars and whatever's in the shop now etc.

3,059 posts in this topic

5a61019e1542744c3464bdb7ff76daaf.jpgead4500ae9c0c3d3736291d71d137f09.jpg9201670b7184ac65bb2fda6dc043cf2a.jpg
One side finally done. Fully sanded to #180 and any of the bigger defects filled. Had to buy some fine fill to do it and I didn't realise it was the same brand as that other filler. Apparently they figured out how to make their products sand easy but fairly hopeless at anything else. I mean whats the point of fine fill that won't sit down into pinholes?? ? At least it was cheap.

Won't see anything at 200mph.

Asked Wayne if there's a plan for next year .... nothing as yet, life happens and may not be running any car next year. If the car doesn't make it through bathurst in one piece it's probably retirement time.

Yeah essentially modified stock in appearance .. solid axle on leaf setup with coils up front. Not sure exactly but I saw some billet work up front that suggested serious coilover setup. The back is setup in such a way that the leaf is as close to a floating rear as you could get. Its shackled but they can move around a lot more than you'd expect.

deankdx likes this

I messed around with a photo I took the other day, you can see part of the coilover
d18dd4330dc941fd01df2df98e903d52.jpg
I'm trying to remember what I saw when he had the bonnet off today. The top of that coil wasn't where the factory location is, more like behind the factory tower. Can't remember if it still has factory towers.

BGDAV and deankdx like this