2redrovers

My cars and whatever's in the shop now etc.

2,687 posts in this topic

Should've snapped up that deal!
Yeah, could be a 24hr shift work operation, or a watchhouse for valuable assets housed next door, etc...

If it was just me, not married with two cats, I could have easily made it work. But after giving it serious consideration we decided its not practical or a positive move to try and live in the same space I work in. I make too much dust/metal/noise/fumes etc for a healthy habitat. I'd have to demagnetize my cat every day.

Considered it as a "house" next door, not exactly desirable move either apart from no travel. Money doesn't make it worth the extra space I don't really need. I just need less cars instead.

I guess the only benefit, would be the ability to save, if it was cheaper than renting a house.
Plus yeah, it'd definitely have to be sealed from the panelwork area.

You could look at it, as a pre-cursor to working from home - as per your ultimate goal. :)

I guess the only benefit, would be the ability to save, if it was cheaper than renting a house.
Plus yeah, it'd definitely have to be sealed from the panelwork area.

You could look at it, as a pre-cursor to working from home - as per your ultimate goal.

If I wanted to move to Bacchus Marsh there's a place for rent, 400pw 2br with a shed the size of my old one (90m) in light industrial zone. Not feasible just yet but see what happens down the track.

11 minutes ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

Yeah, that's a fair way to go! :o

fair way to go for what? it's right there if you live and work in the same spot..

People used to say Geelong is too far.. it's close(to Geelong) if that's where you are living.. 

having to go to Ballarat or Melton for most bigger shops might be a bit of a trade off though. and supplies

Just now, deankdx said:

fair way to go for what? it's right there if you live and work in the same spot..

People used to say Geelong is too far.. it's close(to Geelong) if that's where you are living.. 

having to go to Ballarat or Melton for most bigger shops might be a bit of a trade off though. and supplies

If the missus had to go to work anywhere in town, I imagine commuting could get a bit hectic... (and/or expensive fuel wise?)

Distance was less of an issue and more "the wrong side of town" for most of my work/customers. Currently, my ongoing work will be for the Torana owner as he's got multiple cars lined up for me and happy with what I've been doing so far. Other contacts are also south east side. I've got no problem with outer urban or country type settings but I'm not positioned to do anything drastically different just yet. My lease is until September and I hadn't thought about changing shops again just yet but would really like to cut my traveling times.

Not fussed on staying in this house if there's something to move to. Getting closer to work makes more sense at the moment at least as I'm under lease at the factory but not bound by one at home. And the house is falling apart which is bugging her big time.

We've looked at similar work from home opportunities out Trafalgar direction which wouldn't be too bad either. Only an hour from civilization