2redrovers

My cars and whatever's in the shop now etc.

2,066 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. As suggested I'm going to post up pics of my cars, past and present, as well as customer cars and other car related waffle that may or may not be interesting to nobody in particular. Some are fords but I'll chuck them here anyway so they don't clutter the place up.

Next post will have something to show, as soon as I figure out how to post pics from my phone.

Cheers,

Rodney.

Thom likes this

I think they are great little motors, used to be used for lots of conversions but now there are cheaper, more modern alternatives. They sound different to any other v8 because of the firing order, not to mention twin su carries standard.

A customer's race car. I repaired and extended the quarter flares, will do drivers door too. Frame will be straightened on a jig at a shop. Was a very hard hit!

f7e1aef5dc60587fb8192acf10d46973.jpg

e940425fdc5bed242bb9de7a4eac716a.jpg

d511c5ab9c2bb0025c841d74bbfd70a6.jpg0990516002ee8b2e470b872c92f7deec.jpg

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

XTREME KARTS XF, gerg, Thom and 6 others like this

Yeah without the cage he would've been cactus! What you probably can't pick up is the kink in the firewall and the push in the front floor. What happened was the other guy lost his different or something and went across in front of the falcon. His back wheel hit right on the left rail end at about 45^ and pushed the whole front across and back. Meanwhile falcon cops another wheel on drivers door and both rear quarters copped a hit from other cars. Unfortunately noone got it on film. Was touring car masters at Phillip Island. Anybody see it at the race?

Yeah going off how far the tower is pushed across and up wouldnt be suprised at all, the entire passengers side front looks bent. Good the hear the driver wasnt to badly hurt.

Would love to see how you go about fixing it. Are you going to straighten it out or remove and put new stuff back in?

He was probably bit stiff n sore but as far as I know, not hurt. The cage is chromolly and didn't show signs of deformation apart from maybe the short bar from tower to firewall.

I'm not doing the straightening for him, don't have the big gear. It's going to a shop to be put on a rack/jig and be pulled out. You'd be amazed how well that should come out. It's all original steel, not modern high strength stuff, so it will mostly come out all bar a few hard kinks. He has a n.o.s inner rail and tower section if needed, plus rad support etc. Be up to the guy doin the work if it's repaired or cut but it has to be pulled first either way. If it was new model it wouldn't be a question, pull out then cut and replace as the high strength steels will tear up as they unfold. Mild steel will just unkink if pulled right.

Nath-25 and gerg like this

Two cars yes, but the other one might be xw. I'm guessing it's the previous race car. Still has steel panels, one I worked on has glass front panels and more serious development from what I could tell.

And a surprise tucked away around the corner of the shed...

a1d8409a887e917696ae79aafd018a85.jpg4ff6fe0799990483e139e61db22b1ae8.jpg

I was kind enough to cover it in dust for him:P

Well that was an absolute pain in the proverbial! Not much more than four nuts to keep it in place but the heaterbox put up one heck of a fight coming out. I'll post some stuff up in Gerry's thread about it all. Still need to get a whole mess of pics off my old phone though.6cd770d52dfc357754b871619b695bb9.jpg0496ce748c6b8b86cf0f50f9b76614e9.jpg

Outback Jack likes this

Here's the replacement heater next to the old one, some pitting but 100% better.8d729b88649dc8b04ee324dbfe529296.jpg

Completely non car related, here's a shot of chrissy present for my wife. She's got an outdoor setting that had mdf timber seats on wrought-iron frame, well the seats gave up to the weather so I made new bases. Hard to photo, but one done and one halfway.5daffe183dcb685aa20526791a657467.jpg14ac33c02f779f51f17169046b9b56fd.jpgmade from some scrap bar stock and cut up oven racks.

Outback Jack and wagoon like this

Got them finished up before Christmas and coated in matt black. c42b9202a12f34f6d5f37b5a20184bbe.jpgcame out ok, but as I guessed on the diameter, they have turned out about an inch too small for the seat frame they were supposed to go on. Decided to make them into stools instead as it'll suit them better.

I make all kinds of stuff out of whatever grabs me at the time. I used to be a cabinet maker / joiner in a past life and still make things from wood occasionally, but since getting into the panel trade and my hands on a welder I find myself happier hitting steel and burning stuff.

Outback Jack likes this