CHESTNUTXE

BORGWARNER T BAR AUTO BW35/40

What sort of cfm are these webbers ? 200?each

Depends on chokes and butterfly but a 50mm with a 46mm choke x 3 = 1160cfm to 1320cfm roughly and depending on what you read.But thats more than your average Dominator on a 250 cube 6cyl.

But a 650DP is too big for a xflow they say,go figure.

Depends on chokes and butterfly but a 50mm with a 46mm choke x 3 = 1160cfm to 1320cfm roughly and depending on what you read.But thats more than your average Dominator on a 250 cube 6cyl.

But a 650DP is too big for a xflow they say,go figure.

Yes - those that have no clue on the actual configuration of these engines and therefore its ability to pull lotsa air

What about 6 nice fuel inj trumpets on a Webber crossy manifold,anyone tried that ?

And proof that it does work, the guy I bought my roller cam crossflow off had a 650 mighty demon carby and ran 11.8 Switched to efi with trumpets and ran 11.5 Nice little gain there

Thats the equal best thing about this forum, pretty much every crossflow configuration has been done by the people here. The other best thing about this forum is that its full of really good people that are happy to help and share their hard earned knowledge...... for free.

unless you chase 1/4 mile numbers stay with the 650/750 DP, they do work well on the street and they sound proper old school, easier to tune and maintain and cheaper in the long run, no need for special socks or filters and shit if you daily it

in my books unless you want the absolute maximum then i'd rather stay with the 4bbl, nicer sound around town etc. the TQE engine has too much stroke to make the Weber sound nice but enough stroke to really suck through a 4bbl to make them sound absolutely fucking nice around town

each to their own thou, you can run 11's on 4bbl with is more than enough for the street and way more than enough you can put down on street rubber on the street

With the large open 4 barrel aussie speed manifold has anyone tryed the plenum pig ! i assume it gives a bit better low down power and without it big power over 6000rpm

You think the aussiespeed has a big plenum - get an old cain - now that's huge.  I never tried one on my meth motor and tbh it was a big enough motor not to warrant one.  If you had a pebble flicking cam and were running a 4 barrel (don't know why you would) then the insert might help.

With the large open 4 barrel aussie speed manifold has anyone tryed the plenum pig ! i assume it gives a bit better low down power and without it big power over 6000rpm

Weber out torque any 4 barrel. Thats why circuit cars use them.

Most crossy that will turn to 6k will have little under 2500 anyway so there would be no real need for something with more lower down useage but we ran a 600 and a 4barrel manifold on my mates ute it was still the same as the webber in its low end but had more in the mid higher end of things not that it would go much past 4600 

webers do not make much noise if your just driving, and the more you give it the more cats it sucks in and the better the screaming cat getting sucked thru a straw sounds :D

could a small dent in my alloy EB tailshaft cause any vibration ? or unbalance cause the vibration demon has come back to haunt me but its only at around 30kph then dissapear's ?

yeah i tried that before in a post i wrote ,the diff shop said make sure your pressures are identical in a tight LSD unit ???? but i think its the tailshaft so i will rotate it .

Alarm bells. Dent in alloy tailshaft equals big trouble ahead. It will let go if pushed to hard. The one reason we don't run them in speedway cars. Just to dangerous. Once they are dented its throw away in a high torque application.

ok i have found 2 c4's to suit a crossy,so correct me if im wrong ,they are 24 spline,and of the late 60's vintage,so from what i have read a 157 tooth flywheel and a smallblock 289-302 windsor converter suit's yeah ?my std starter motor should fit i hope ? what other things do i need to know about the c4 6cyl,

IM PRETTY sure the xd ones are 26 spline and the same as any other c -4-10 to suit clevo's ,from research after 1970 all have the 26 spline input but finding a xd c4 is very hard .

ALL the bellhousings i have found so far are cast iron,but the tranny shop says they were alloy ? so someone should no this,i dont no why i cant just put the 6cyl bellhousing on a later c4 or maybe you can ? the bell weighs 13kg cast iron