CHESTNUTXE

BORGWARNER T BAR AUTO BW35/40

I'd like to know what in particular fails in high power BW40 boxes.

ie, is it a consistent failure across many boxes?

I have the BW40 in my XE wagon adjusted so gear changes are super fast and sharp on WOT.

It really snaps the 1-2 gear changes.

And there's room for further refinement IMO.

I got to drive Dave's XF Ghia sedan last Thurs, and I found the C4 box to be a bit harsh compared to my BW40.

It was marginally quicker than my wags, but harsher.

Be nice if the dash speedo worked though - luckily I noticed the GPS readout speedo. :P

I run a 24/26 spline c4 in my grey v8 corty that thing lifts the front wheels off the deck and ive never hurt it in 500+ passes its a stock box with a hard input shaft (changed it when i went to a 4k convertor

to be a 24 26 spline box is just the input shaft if you run a 26 spline convertor you can just change it it just pulls out

Have you got any photos of this beast in action? As you know I am playing with a TD atm and I'm loving the light weight of them. They are an awesome little beast. Can't believe it has taken me this long to own one.

Some old pics form calder id drive down run some numbers and drive home was a good car over serviced real bad but never done any real work to it a real basic engine with not bad manners that runs 11s on 91 fuel

Id like to try toytoys engine in it as it runs 2mph less in a car thats almost 400kg heaver that was on street rubber

[/url]">http://calder3.jpg
[/url]">http://calder.jpg

The day I picked her up after 12 years of sitting up in the dry country on the tablelands. Ran at Townsville many many years ago and by all accounts was very fast. Triple weber crossflow power and toploader - true 80's cool and yes those rear guards are pumped.

td_small.jpg

Yep. Still triples. High 12's. Yeah Ryan. Cross plys

cause it has Full slicks on back. 14" on 12 slotters.

It's in ok condition. Bit of rust work to do. Rear floor has been strengthened around top arm mounts. Front rails need love. It's at the right place tho.

By today's standard's ,would the triple's have any advantage over the large 4 barrel manifold and carby set up,or is it more for show,i no a lot of car's had triple's back in the day,charger,torana,ect....

By today's standard's ,would the triple's have any advantage over the large 4 barrel manifold and carby set up,or is it more for show,i no a lot of car's had triple's back in the day,charger,torana,ect....

LOL well Mossy's Cortina went 11.38 with a 4 barrel now it goes 11.0 with a 3x50mm webers. Yeah they work... 

Big H racing made some solid numbers with a Aussiespeed 4 barrel manifold on the engine dyno and that car ran solid numbers at the track.  Jason Murphy in Toowoomba has just made 270rwhp with the same 4 barrel manifold.  I made 260 odd with a head that only flowed 196cfm with the exact same manifold.  All that is nothing to be sneezed at.

Having said that - THERE IS NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR AN INDIVIDUAL RUNNER setup.  Pure and simple.Sly has highlighted it clearly in the above example. 

Here is my experience.  THOR (my roller cam head) was ported to suit a non-individual runner style manifold.  It flowed very very well (over 235cfm) in that form.  Cam just 're-ported' it to suit the weber manifold and we picked up 10cfm.  That is a huge gain.  Mind you I am chasing some serious numbers with this engine, so I am prepared to spend the serious dollars it takes to achieve them. 

Would I go individual runner for a tough streeter/ sometimes drag car.  Nope.

Big H racing made some solid numbers with a Aussiespeed 4 barrel manifold on the engine dyno and that car ran solid numbers at the track. Jason Murphy in Toowoomba has just made 270rwhp with the same 4 barrel manifold. I made 260 odd with a head that only flowed 196cfm with the exact same manifold. All that is nothing to be sneezed at.

Having said that - THERE IS NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR AN INDIVIDUAL RUNNER setup. Pure and simple.Sly has highlighted it clearly in the above example.

Here is my experience. THOR (my roller cam head) was ported to suit a non-individual runner style manifold. It flowed very very well (over 235cfm) in that form. Cam just 're-ported' it to suit the weber manifold and we picked up 10cfm. That is a huge gain. Mind you I am chasing some serious numbers with this engine, so I am prepared to spend the serious dollars it takes to achieve them.

Would I go individual runner for a tough streeter/ sometimes drag car. Nope.

I remember when I want to webers I got told there a waste of time after trying everything carby manifold wise on mine 

I remember glen telling me there shit as well, you know a person that had not run them

Jims was going to go to webers but it something there going to do later now, but a real 400hp real street car that thing still has everything fitted I real credit to harry and his love for 6cyl clevos :D