Ivanflo

XYZ. XR-XF Falcon Front Coilovers

Agree with wagoon, that it would be nice to know the spring rate versus deflection, but they look pretty good to me.

With all the interest in the Shelby drop etc has anyone ever looked at what the camber gain and roll centre height is? You might find that you can do better than the std drop??

Hi everyone!  I Just bought latest XYZ coilovers for the XD.  Just got the info on the springs and they are a progressive spring from 550LB to 700LB.  The bloke said they would actually go to 900LB but you would hit the bump stops first.  This is where thing get interesting with my set up I'm also going to run these upper control arms that mimic the Shelby drop which will give me even greater travel which means I may even get down to the 900 LB.    I also asked why mine don't have the black sleeve on the spring and he told me they redesigned the spring so it doesn't bind at all anymore.

mimic%20shelby%20drop_zps8yppahjr.jpg

My coilovers arrived yesterday.  It was like Christmas

13102620_1245286132163002_11472496913212

13103282_1245288348829447_7340613407765713100797_1245288405496108_1846801350178913087826_1245288512162764_84741214436104

13102821_1245289525495996_44668475760571

Hey man, where are you getting those control arms from? Do they bolt into the factory position, but have the drop built into them? is that the idea? 

I like the progressive rate spring,they look legit. Mine are not for corners as such in there current set up but there double adjustable Vikings.They didn't save any weight but set-up tuning is limit less almost.16 setting each for bump and re-bound.

Front_coil_over_installed.jpg

I like the progressive rate spring,they look legit. Mine are not for corners as such in there current set up but there double adjustable Vikings.They didn't save any weight but set-up tuning is limit less almost.16 setting each for bump and re-bound.

They look mint.. same as the Fox coil overs in my Ranger nearly. Where did you get them from? Wouldn't mind something other than the same old 90/10s and custom springs in mine

... And a supplementary question: do all these components come pre-engineered for owner-fitment

(ie like RRS gear)?

Just recently got my car finished with RRS , I must say after all the people that bag RRS , I love it . handles and steers awesome 

... And a supplementary question: do all these components come pre-engineered for owner-fitment

(ie like RRS gear)?

Just recently got my car finished with RRS , I must say after all the people that bag RRS , I love it . handles and steers awesome 

Don't doubt the quality of their gear, I just think that for most of it, the price is for rich old men with toys, not for your average enthusiasts like us. You could blow 20k upwards on an old Falcon to make it handle as good as a 5k Skyline.

Don't doubt the quality of their gear, I just think that for most of it, the price is for rich old men with toys, not for your average enthusiasts like us. You could blow 20k upwards on an old Falcon to make it handle as good as a 5k Skyline.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this on greg, reason being is what I have achieved with my sedan. On my sedan I have coilovers in the rear which only required custom upper mounts as the coilovers mount horizontal not vertical like the shock absorbers, these custom mounts are very simple to make and wouldn't cost much to get made. Then for the front you can either run the above coilovers or a custom spring and quality shock. I think it is very reasonable to say that for $2500(will cost much less if you can or know someone that can do the fab work) you can have both front and back suspension sorted with good quality products for a good handling car on the street. A genuine street driven import will not out handle a well setup street driven falcon it's just the falcon requires fabrication, lateral thinking and modification like the shelby drop, the imports only require bolt on parts.

Nah wagoon I was referring specifically to RRS kits and their prices, which I've sussed out in the past. For a 3-link and Mumford link rear, power rack and pump, strut conversion, control arm upgrade, radius ball pivot and brake package, it was pretty close to 20k.

I do like their stuff, but it will never be something I can afford. It shits me that they sell it to the yanks cheaper too.

If you can fab most of that stuff yourself, of course it will be less, (and probably more fun and satisfying) but you have to get it engineered, whereas RRS bits (as far as I understand) come pre-engineered with all the required documentation for fitment by a competent person.

Technically (as simple and effective as it is) the Shelby drop would require engineering because you're modifying a fundamental component in regards to suspension and chassis. If it were to be professionally done, I'd imagine the engineer wanting a reinforcing plate welded in, much like when you change your seat bolt location in the flooring, they want plates fitted that must be X x Y x Z dimensions to carry the new load. It gets really complicated when the engineer actually does things by the book.

Yeah I know what you mean about RRS prices, and WTF is it with selling it cheaper to the states :angry: I do 100% agree with you that the shelby drop needs to be engineered as you have changed mounting locations which changes lots of things, even the aftermarket A arms brought in from the states will need to be engineered to make sure they meet the regulations of the car they are being put onto.

I do wonder how many aftermarket products are actually engineered, as although I haven't looked into it for a while there was a rather large aftermarket company that was selling all manner of parts but only 2 products where actually engineered. So when people asked is their stuff ADR approved the answer was yes, just neglected mention the fine print saying that it was only on 1% of the things they sold. Basically anything that I see for sale that is not clearly labelled as ADR approved (doesn't automotive mass produced products have to comply with ADR regulation not just one off engineering rules?) I take as non compliant and no different to the stuff I make.

Yeah me either, dunno how 80% of the aftermarket wheels get sold legally in this country. No ADRs, durability testing, etc.

Or like those fully sick Hondas you see getting around with those CNC alloy lower control arms on the rear, to give them 10 degrees camber or something stupid, probably got them from China. Scary shit to know there are cars on the road like that.

I'm not a fan of the RRS rear setups . Just way too chunky and untidy for my liking   :(

I used the Struts , brake kit and power Rack , although yes wasn't cheap but was no where near the suggested 20K . I wanted the extra room the struts gave in the engine bay. The added engine bay space saved quite a few $$$ on not having to get custom pipes made ,  so was a win - win IMO .

I only got the basics I needed . I did not use their pump or lines , again I found them untidy and too blingy as a bolt on :( 

Same for the control arms , WTF ? just pop riveted plates on the bottom :(  Nor did I use their Radius rods .

There was a few minor hiccups getting it all fitted up nice but first time on the track , like i said above . I found it did work very nice . :)

These coil overs look like a nice mod, great for improving handling and adjustable ride height. RRS may seem expensive however the money you spend to setup stock modified suspension properly is not actually cheap either. I have done both, and you will always suffer from shithouse ball joint angles trying to run any decent camber. If you want serious handling you need to cough it up. Just the RRS struts were 3.8 seconds a lap quicker than the stock modified setup, and it handles and rides like my FG. The best thing for me was engineers will sign off on any RRS product with no testing. Plenty of aftermarket options these days out there, which is great for the box models.

These coil overs look like a nice mod, great for improving handling and adjustable ride height. RRS may seem expensive however the money you spend to setup stock modified suspension properly is not actually cheap either. I have done both, and you will always suffer from shithouse ball joint angles trying to run any decent camber. If you want serious handling you need to cough it up. Just the RRS struts were 3.8 seconds a lap quicker than the stock modified setup, and it handles and rides like my FG. The best thing for me was engineers will sign off on any RRS product with no testing. Plenty of aftermarket options these days out there, which is great for the box models.

I got an RRS setup , works so nice on the track, 1st time i took it out i'm like Yeeees nice !!!!!

Can anyone running these up front comment on how comfortable they are, when set on a softer setting?

Just wondering how good they'd be for comfortable driving in a daily.

A mate has the Vikings in a ZG Fairlane . Ride is excellent , would be fine for a driver . He does a lot of miles .