Sign in to follow this  
Stu5766

Twin 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust on XD sedan.

They are 2.5 inch powerflow ( South African they tell me. ) Near on a straight through muffler, not sure on case length. I'll measure it & let you know.

Mate congrats on the work. I couldnt agree with you more on how cheap it is to do this at home. Its by no means a fun job but its saves heaps of coin. Car sounds nice and deep in tone.

Exhaust guys no doubt earn their money, because it's a prick of a job, but cash is better in my pocket.

Considering I got all the materials for a full mandrel system for around 500 bucks.

Exhaust guys no doubt earn their money, because it's a prick of a job, but cash is better in my pocket.

Considering I got all the materials for a full mandrel system for around 500 bucks.

Doing an exhaust on a hoist would be a million times easier than laying on the ground sliding under a car trying to figure out the next angle cut to make. I spent way to long making my exhaust ( almost 3 weeks every night after work for a couple of hours) but know I saved at least $2500 making it myself. Doubt I would got to the same extent again but the outcome is definitely worth the effort.