FOMOCOHO

SA Spotto'd thread!

75 posts in this topic

Since every other state has one, it's about time we had our own...

So when you're out and about and see something of interest please take a snap and post it here.

I saw a brown FD on the back of a quick lift the other day crossing Greenhill Rd, and going up Portrush Rd toward the SE Freeway.

Maybe going to hills or Melbz. I wasn't quick enough to get a snap though.  :mellow:  There seems to be a bit of interest in these things since the mint-green one appeared on ebay a few months back.

But I did take some photos of the FD 351 that sold at auction the other month so can start something anyway. :)  Conveniently the bonnet release cable was missing so no under-bonnet shots.  ;)

030-copy_zpspce0684s.jpg031-copy_zpss3wqjhwj.jpg032-copy_zpsrhril7op.jpg033-copy_zpsvjgfuqw0.jpg036-copy_zpsdlcvtpuu.jpg

Could have got a few shots yesterday. Saw 2 or 3 coupes, XWs and XYs getting around.

Must have been a cruise or something on.

Hey guys.

I been out your neck of the woods since last Thursday, i went to Adelaide for 4 days.

I went to Glenelg on Saturday to find a pub and get some lunch.

Spotted a white XF Falcon sedan from my taxi i think it had P plates and unpolished center lines

colour coded tail lights out there, perhaps that was you?

Went better than the taxi i was in  ;)

Heaps of cars out there with wording on the number plates, seen one on a Merc that read "STOL3N", that was cool.

Heaps of wedding cars also getting around on Saturday, the Rotary mazda's out at Glenelg,

the 57 Chev's in Adelaide, some BMW's also wearing streamers.

Beautiful part of the world your Adelaide and surrounding burbs.  :)

bear351c likes this

Since I started this thread I better set an example and post something...

Saw this coming back from the country the other day. He must have come on from Port Wakefield because he wasn't there before...

733-copy_zpsi1kmjapd.jpg

This is where the dual carriageway begins so I dropped the cruise speed down a little and watched him real me in...

735-copy_zpshwjj0v9h.jpg

T'was a ute! Out of respect I hid his plates. Can't see it here but there is a big cobra on the hardlid! I Luv a tuff ute.

734-copy_zpsmr9co3gk.jpg

He actually slowed down after a while, so I bumped it up a couple of +'s and went for another photo shoot from the other side...

736-copy_zpszjo3quiv.jpg

737-copy_zpsjhqboxa8.jpg

Stopped in at Dublin for a Mo, so got one final shot from the front...

738-copy_zpsalnjkbvo.jpg

bit of photoshop zoom...

738-cutIII_zpsqrylpfoq.png

Fucking POST!  :angry:

Outback Jack, thorne, gerg and 2 others like this

Hey guys.

I been out your neck of the woods since last Thursday, i went to Adelaide for 4 days.

I went to Glenelg on Saturday to find a pub and get some lunch.

Spotted a white XF Falcon sedan from my taxi i think it had P plates and unpolished center lines

colour coded tail lights out there, perhaps that was you?

Went better than the taxi i was in  ;)

Heaps of cars out there with wording on the number plates, seen one on a Merc that read "STOL3N", that was cool.

Heaps of wedding cars also getting around on Saturday, the Rotary mazda's out at Glenelg,

the 57 Chev's in Adelaide, some BMW's also wearing streamers.

Beautiful part of the world your Adelaide and surrounding burbs.  :)

You sure you're not still here Mr McQueen... spotto'd this today down in Ravioli country (NE 'burbs)!  :) Hope I don't get a bullet for that...  :D

025-copy_zpshfajgtor.jpg

026-copy_zpsakegdkcd.jpg

Edit: Photos taken through my windscreen (which looks cleaner than it is here). Any other Mustang, I probably wouldn't have done a u-turn for, but this one in this colour must be the most iconic of all !

Outback Jack likes this

The bullet car was a 67, that's a 65/66 which is the earlier shape, but still looks great in that colour

Sorry Thom, it's been a while since I've seen the film, although I did watch the SQ bio not that long ago... it's the colour that got my attention to be honest. I love that colour on that era muscle.

Thom likes this

Saw a nice 'stang in the main street of Stirling the other day with not much around so took some snaps... (phone camera skills still whoa-full  ;) )

011-copy_zpsmtxpaizn.jpg025-copy_zpsqjqauxfo.jpg036-copy_zps3z6xjmfn.jpg042-copy_zpsnadojjrq.jpg

bear351c likes this

Spotted a nice and 'original looking' ZC Fairlane 500 V8 (with ZD hubcaps) and original era SA number plates in Stirling yesterday (back carpark this time).

Haven't had much time to post lately but thought this was worth a few photos.

Little ray of sunshine on another bleak Winter's day....

0719-copy_zpstizurcod.jpg

0954-copy_zpswdbi3blw.jpg

1002-copy_zps7nyw3tzm.jpg

1012-copy_zps1logws7x.jpg

1021-copy_zps8dtngsmb.jpg

1029-copy_zpslc0kz3sv.jpg

1042-copy_zpsilqrmqmt.jpg

It looks like the Mazda in the background has hit the sign here but was already leaning I think. Saw him pull up & don't recall any drama.

1051-copy_zps63h1qlx5.jpg

1100-copy_zpsx6bbbg31.jpg

Chrome looked damn good, as did the interior and the rest of it for that matter.  :)

winton likes this

One owner, grandpa special?

Dunno bud, that interior looks pretty damn sharp, might be a bit of resto there. Saw it driving down the Stirling maino first and then it was just there in front of me when I parked, like magic... didn't see the driver. 

Bit of Photoshopping on the number plate there Brian?

About the only shopping you can do when you're a uni student... besides a bit of food maybe !

hendrixhc likes this

Spotting more & more ponies by the day. Just as I headed out, a purple convertible mustang was coming down my road. Didn't have time to get a snap but then a few minutes later in Stirling I saw this GT...

3221-copy_zpsz2yrrxib.jpg

3231-copy_zpsyzrzqumx.jpg

3246-copy_zpssx7leana.jpg

If you can have a black GT then why the hell not park in a loading zone!  :P

Still think they are ugly.

Not a big fan either. Looks like a Nismo with a bull front, especially in black. Looks better in silver but it's still only got 2 doors. I'd prefer the FG with coyote anyday.