eckk

which 4.0l engines will fit xh ute ?

I am finding it difficult to find , 4.0l engine at a reasonable price for my xh ute, in perth.

Usually engines from other models are easily installed. Which models ?

All EF onwards will fit, just the further up you go, more work you have to put into with wiring, dash, and engine mounts. Safe to stay with EF/EL if you just want to slam it in and get back on the road quicker. Most people go AU with EF/EL/XH as they dont need much to modify, compared to a BA engine

Since you have an XH you will have the a dizzy on your engine, if you install an EF engine it will have coil packs which will need to be sorted. EL engine comes with the dizzy.

same principle as au motor, except fg run a rear pan sump so you'd need to change to a ba/bf sump and oil pickup also move dipstick which most fg have the spot for its just got a rivet insert to remove... 

so what is the mod you need to do to the sump of a ba-bf angine,and k frame to fit in a xg ? i see heaps of them lately in xf's and others.

If xg has the ef/el k frame you'll have to either notch the k frame or cut the front of the sump on a 45.