CooksTurney

My Xc has 'Tracker' above the 4.9 Badge?

Hey guys, wanting to know if anyone has any info or knowledge relating to a Xc 'Tracker'?

I have a Xc Gs R/Pack 4.9, and above the 4.9 guard badge there is a sticker, 'Tracker'

Is this some sort of horn car thing? The ute still retains most of its factory Raw Orange Paint. I'll try and upload some photos.

Any help would be great appreciated!

Welcome aboard Bud!

Get yourself  a photobucket account, upload you photos and copy the image URL and paste it into your post and youll be right!

My Apollo Blue XB GS 6cyl Panel van, still had mostly original paint, and I could see above the 'Falcon 500' badge on the fender, the outline of a large '4.1' sticker

- same font, as the '351' stickers on the GT guards.

Ford did some interesting things, so I too am keen to see the sticker.

Never heard of a "Tracker". Always learn new stuff everyday, so ya got me interested, too.

Jump onto the forums and introduce yourself, mate. Maybe start a project page, with photos.

Oh,...and welcome. :)

Hello guys! Cheers for all the kind replies, I'm still new to this forum so I'm trying to work out how to do things, but I'll copy a photo bucket link here so you guys can check out the sticker, and the ute! Cheers

I reckon thats a dealer option. (Dave will jump in) Dealers did some weird stuff in the 70s and 80s as Dave has already mentioned. I have actually seen another 2, one was also a ute (red) and a wagon(white) that had the 'tracker' stickers on the guards and the wag from memory had one on the left? bottom corner of tailgate. I think i saw them at a car show in nsw-ish when i was travelling the country and stopped in somewhere. i thought it was an set up for touring, with the suspension tickled and sway bars, along with a more set out seat feel. I think it also got a different stereo, 4 speaker maybe?

Let me know how this works! I can take some better photos of you guys want, thanks

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/CooksTurney/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

Thanks mate! How'd you get the photos there??

If you click on the link in the post you made, i clicked on the tick box in the bottom right hand corner of the pics which bring up a blue bar at the bottom of the screen, click on the second blue box marked "link" which brings up a new box and then double click on the box in the bottom right marked IMG codes and paste it into your post.

Nice ute mate... yeah I gotta agree, looks like a dealer option.... but you never know. Contact Ford by email and supply id and rego papers in your name and they will give you all options it left factory with.

Only way to be 100% sure.

Outbacks only have sticker packs not badges and that was factory.

Jack.