steveheffo

petrol engine bay wiring loom with gas

Hello everybody,

I am changing around my au series 1 ute a bit with a series 2 ghia dash my ute is dedicated gas I have to change the engine bay wiring looms to the series 2 for all the dash functions to work etc

the donor car is straight petrol, all the cabin wiring etc is from the donor carmy question regarding the gas is !!! do I undo the orginal loom and run the wires back to the ecu ( are there pinouts avaible for this) as I cant finde a dedicated  gas series 2 ghia wiring loom anywhere and then do I install a j3 chip to fool the ecu into thinking the car is still petrol or do all the looms have the wires for the gas but are un connected in a petrol car and 1 other thing what happens about the  petrol fuel gauge in the dash .... this is becomming very daunting :((((((( thanks for any replies regards steve

Hey mate, Thanks for getting back to me do you have any details how you do that I gather it is to make the fuel guage work but U am not sure how to go about it as I am taking the dashboard out again so I want to get everything right this time !!!! cheers Steve

thanks apparently so  I will start looking for the looms I need  I will get a high series 3 although the dash is a series 2 it will cover all bases I suppose how did it go for you anyway did the car start ok some of those engine plugs are hard to work out how to pull apart is there anywhere you can find out .... thanks for that have a good day regards steve 

Hi what colour codes are you referring too not sure I still have to change the engine bay wiring to the series 2/3 to suit the latter dash don't I are you just referring to the fuel gauge Thank mate regards steve

Hi mate do you know which wires and plugs etc I have to change ? some people on other forums seem sure I have to change the entire loom to a high series 2/3 I just dont know though I put a battery in and all the dash functions worked fine the motor cranked over but did not start I really dont want to pull it all apart again as it is finished what do you think ~!!!!! Thanks mate

hI mate thanks for getting back to me yes it is a ghia high series dash you mentioned before it requires a full loom change do you  still think that is the case earlier you mentioned changing some wires and things all the dash works but it wont start although I havent tried too hard to start it do you thinh it is because of the wiring in the engine bay just let me know what you think and I wont annoy you anymore till its finished and I will post some pics ..... Thanks Mate regards Steve