steveheffo

au falcon series 2 high end dash into series 1 low end ute

Hello everybody,

I have just totally restored my au falcon cab chassis into a  series 2  ghia I bought the entire car as a donor car  and have put the complete interior into it ihave updated the front ent as well and re-sprayed it as well in metalic grey, I have used all the electronics from the donor car inside the cabin but i didn,t use the engine wiring looms  apparaenty i should have done that, everything plugged together ok so i wasn't too worried but from what I have been told by others the pinouts are not all the same I am a builder the mechanical side was easy but the electronics are way mor perplexing and really stressing me out  is anyone able to advise how th sort this out without dismantling the whole car again maybe with some bypass wiring or a chip or something....... Thanks regards Steve

Au's change quite a lot from s1 to s2,not the least of which is the security system going from smart lock to smart shield.

I reckon you're boned.

In the long run even if it is possible to dodge it,you've already put in this much work don't you want it right?

I'd change the loom,in fact I'm doing something very similar atm and that's exactly what im doing.

It probally is the way to go I have got it looking like a show car so i suppose you are right I spoke to an auto elect do you know what to do about weather I need to fit the abs brakes apparantly they neeed to be on as well ther is 1 other issue to my ute is dedicated gas .... it goes on and on aye .Just wondering you are doing somethig sililiar what exactly is your project and how is it progressing

The utes are funny,i don't honestly know what you do about the abs.my guess would be get an engine bay loom out of an s2 ded gas ute so the abs is gone.

v8 and ltd front onto an xr6 ute mate,i made sure it's all the same series though because i know how bad they are.

unfortunately I dont have the donor car anymore so I will have to buy another to get the harnesses etc the dash I put in is a high series woodgrain from a ghia ants suggestion to get a series 2 dedicated gas ute sounds ok I was wondering would it have a high series dash  and would the gas thing de a big issue with the ecu. hey lord do you mean just keep everything in the cab from the donor car and not worry about the engine bay looms cause that is what I have done ... thanks mate