Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Free.51

Dropped dolly in plenum

Was trying to hammer down a dent in the cowl panel on my ltd and the dolly slipped out of my hand and fell down a the hole on the passenger side. I've taken off the guard to see if there's an opening at the bottom but can't see one , I also bought a magnetic slinky type thing to stick down the hole but that isn't working either.any ideas on how to retrieve this dolly?.

It fell down the square opening on the passenger side when u take off the plastic cowl grille so I don't know exactly where it is but I definitely know it fell down the hole or vent.

if it fell into the air intake for the heater box it should be resting on the recirc flap, you can reach under the glovebox and look at the vent there, should be able to push the flap open manually and have it fall out.
it cant fall into the fan, only on the floor.
heres a pic of the XF recirc flap, others are similar

Vent%20broken%20arm%20001.png

gloveboxsidedone.jpg

ignore the labeling, that pic is for removal of dash etc.

I'd say hopefully that's where it is so tonight when I get home I'll take the glovebox off and have a squiz, thanks for the help fellas.

no need to remove glove box even, its on the left side of the glovebox behind it.

if the motor runs, start the car up and click the air vents to recirc and if it works should allow it to drop out if thats where it went